UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

7 hours ago, Headshot said:

After last weeks race, this one was a bit of a let down. No Fluckiger to taunt Nino, Alan sick and two races with far out front winners. I suspect the altitude and heat played a  role. What was wrong with RM's tyres I wonder. Maxxis issues again? 

Disclaimer: MTB punctures can happen to anyone, at anytime, regardless or brand, bike, terrain, race, weight, height, gender, religous belief, or sexual orientation. 

That being said, Maxxis: 

capeepic on Twitter: "A familiar feeling for SCOTT-SRAM's Nino Schurter at  this year's Absa Cape Epic. #untamed https://t.co/cYcchWJraO" / Twitter

Edited by OVERDRIVE

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Disclaimer: MTB punctures can happen to anyone, at anytime, regardless or brand, bike, terrain, race, weight, height, gender, religous belief, or sexual orientation. 

That being said, Maxxis: 

capeepic on Twitter: "A familiar feeling for SCOTT-SRAM's Nino Schurter at  this year's Absa Cape Epic. #untamed https://t.co/cYcchWJraO" / Twitter

image.png.a6913c38db7fb5cf9fa4b18a6f3d8f4a.png

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

saw this on his website earlier in the week. Seems there's lots of covid going around the pro ranks the last month

John Wakefiled commented about this in the TDF thread.  

High covid numbers in Europe.  Apparently spreading FAST.  But with very low "intensity" (people not getting as sick as 2 years ago)

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

John Wakefiled commented about this in the TDF thread.  

High covid numbers in Europe.  Apparently spreading FAST.  But with very low "intensity" (people not getting as sick as 2 years ago)

Someone pass me my mask please…😷 

Why bizarre? It’s a beautiful part of the world that has hosted world cups before the uci Mtb World Cup was a thing. It harms back to the NORBA days and later when Grundig sponsored the series.

It looks like he may have clipped his handlebars, nasty crash, apparently he has a separated shoulder.

Hope to see him on the start line tomorrow!

Is the separated shoulder confirmed? There was speculation about it but he posted he’s ok , nothing broken.

He’s  accident was weird. It started all the way st the top of the bridge because he jack threw him all the down, so not pass begin, do not touch the planks. He hit the ground hard. Was quite badly winded. Initially I though he might have broken a rib and punctures a lung the way he was gasping for air. It looked really nasty

Catching up quick before heading over to France. Managed to take in the women's short race and couldn't get to the men's as I watched the final 2 laps about 4 times. What beautiful racing.

Gotta love Gibson beginning to shed tears of overwhelm as she has 25 meters to go to win her first ever race. "I saw this happen in my head a thousand times...It's my 1st year in the elite... I broke my knee cap shortly after Nova Mesto... I thought 'is this it for my 1st season..." My coach, my physio, my support system was so ... as I am talking here, it feels as if I am dreaming..."

It is simply so had to win a race with both men and women's field so deep, yoh. Keller, like a 20 legged tarantula, grinding it out for every watt on her fiets, trying to stay on top of the points table. Rissveds with an audacious early attack again, brave stuff.

2 hours ago, babse said:

Does look nasty from that vid... I'll catch the replay on RB tv a bit later. 

Saw Blevins turned up for his 1 good ride for the season 🙊

This is so wrong but so true 

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

2 hours ago, avalanx said:

It looks like he may have clipped his handlebars, nasty crash, apparently he has a separated shoulder.

Hope to see him on the start line tomorrow!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgnnT6RlSyz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Seems all good...