Shimano / Campagnola / Sram

louiso

Big%20smile

Before I bought my groupset I made price comparisons...could not afford campy Thumbs%20Up, don't really like Sram...nice but no thanks.

Shimano---reliable, value for money etc....

"DT Thumbs%20Up"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy with my 9spd 105. Want to upgrade to 10spd just so that I can get my 16t back. But otherwise I won't change. It also last and lasts X 1 000 000.

En hoeveel het daai chain gekos? R10 000?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif  R10 000.00?  Nee man Campag Record is duurder as dit!LOLLOLLOL

Kannie onthou nie' date=' was laaaaaaaaannnnk terug!WinkTongue

[/quote']

Campy record groupset -

R 8,784.29

I have to admit that on the cost side Shimano Confused is cheaper, BUT when it comes to performance and maintenance Campy stands out (head-and-shoulders above the rest)...

Go Campy Thumbs%20Up

I have to admit that on the cost side Shimano Confused is cheaper, BUT when it comes to performance and maintenance Campy stands out (head-and-shoulders above the rest)...

Go Campy Thumbs%20Up

I wasn't talking about the complete groupset, the problem for me is when you have to replace stuff like the chain or your cluster or parts then you pay too much for campag!! you can buy a whole dura ace chain for the price of two links on a record chain!!!

Ek weet Grapkas, trek net jou .......... ok toemaar los dit!LOL

Deamon' I also want record at that price!!Approve

Yes Campy is expensive, but I think thats largely to be blamed on the importarsAngryOuch I used to ride Shimano, but once I got my Italian machine I had to put Campy on, and I'm very pleased with it. Looks Good and shifts very wellThumbs%20Up

campag so expensive in sa,   somebody is making a huge buck somewhere

But campag still the best

Campy works for me.  HAve both Veloce and Centaur 10 speed.  Even mirage is 10 speed this year.  One of the very cool things with campy is that this years record, is next years chorus, ext ext ext.  Also if record is too bling for you (or you hate too much carbon), the "cheaper" components of Chorus, Centaur, Veloce, Mirage are all compatible.  Lastly, BBB makes compatible clusters that go for R780 a cluster.  They also make front blades that are 10 speed compatible.  For those that think that the 10 speed C-10 chain is a bit of a waste, wipperman chains are also campy compatible.

O yes, campy has made  the shift to the "new system of cranks", and I think their solution is innovative and much better than the competition.

(Just so that Big-H doesn't think that I have gone to the dark side, I think the S-RAM force and rival should be considered before settling on Shimano.  Lastly, chose Shimano and get to learn from your own mistakes......)

Shimano all the way. I have Tiagra which has lasted me the last 3 years and still going strong, reliable, consistant, dependable and recently Dura Ace which i love.  The only Shimano product i dont like is their wheel's which are C**P

Shimano all the way. I have Tiagra which has lasted me the last 3 years and still going strong, reliable, consistant, dependable and recently Dura Ace which i love.  The only Shimano product i dont like is their wheel's which are C**P

I wasn't talking about the complete groupset' date=' the problem for me is when you have to replace stuff like the chain or your cluster or parts then you pay too much for campag!! you can buy a whole dura ace chain for the price of two links on a record chain!!!

[/quote']

Yeah...dunno. You can buy replacement parts for campy but not for shimano, so if you go down in a crash and take your shimano shifter out, then it's a whole new shifter, on campy you *can* get replacement parts.

And the price difference is not that much

Campy record 10spd chain -

R 376.88 (http://www.totalcycling.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/402/groupID/2/categoryID/29/v/2bc5237b-e942-4bae-8a4f-3f4540fd0cf9)

Dura Ace 10spd chain -

R 265.79

(http://www.totalcycling.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/539/groupID/2/categoryID/29/v/2bc5237b-e942-4bae-8a4f-3f4540fd0cf9)