Dual Sus for R25-R30k

AllenH

23 minutes ago, AllenH said:

Thanks everyone,

Just went to look at Bikes and ended up getting a really sweet deal on a brand new Cypher Dash RS.

Nice one, many safe n fun miles!

Do you mind saying where u purchased and at what price as my buddy also wants to buy titan cypher currently

Thanks bud,

Paid R28k for it, will send the Store deets via PM.

I did take the last one there but they have some other nice bikes too,  must say they scored a client for life outta me.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:23 AM, AllenH said:

Thanks bud,

Paid R28k for it, will send the Store deets via PM.

I did take the last one there but they have some other nice bikes too,  must say they scored a client for life outta me.

Please PM me the store deets too, cheers 

I'm also in the market for a dual 29" and it seems that this price range is really at the bottom end to enter this category... I'm also not clued up when it comes to bikes & components, so buying 2nd hand would be a gamble without proper help! Suggestions would be welcomed!!

Just now, Manus Coetzee said:

I'm also in the market for a dual 29" and it seems that this price range is really at the bottom end to enter this category... I'm also not clued up when it comes to bikes & components, so buying 2nd hand would be a gamble without proper help! Suggestions would be welcomed!!

Oh and I am 178cm, so it seems that I have to go for a M frame?

45 minutes ago, Manus Coetzee said:

Oh and I am 178cm, so it seems that I have to go for a M frame?

not necessarily..you are probably between sizes so check the geometry of the particular bike

4 hours ago, Manus Coetzee said:

There are some Titan Cypher Sport Dual Suspension bikes with a dropper post for R26k, brand new at The Bicycle Garage, they advertise on the Hub.

Not the greatest or most refined bike, but I'm pretty happy with it and even happier that I didn't need to spend R70k - R180k to get on 2 wheels with a Centre shock. I could buy a fun used car or pay for the transfer and bond fees on another house with R70k 😛

On second hand bikes.

I bought a used Momsen that I can't sell or use and now sit with in my garage, wasted R7k + R2.5k repairs and still needs another R2.5k worth of repairs...

So stay away from used IMHO, you are 99% of the time buying someone else's 8 - 9 year old problem for R25k to R30k where you could get a brand new bike with a guarentee and peace of mind, especially if you're just getting into the sport like me.

2 minutes ago, AllenH said:

There are some Titan Cypher Sport Dual Suspension bikes with a dropper post for R26k, brand new at The Bicycle Garage, they advertise on the Hub.

Not the greatest or most refined bike, but I'm pretty happy with it and even happier that I didn't need to spend R70k - R180k to get on 2 wheels with a Centre shock. I could buy a fun used car or pay for the transfer and bond fees on another house with R70k 😛

On second hand bikes.

I bought a used Momsen that I can't sell or use and now sit with in my garage, wasted R7k + R2.5k repairs and still needs another R2.5k worth of repairs...

So stay away from used IMHO, you are 99% of the time buying someone else's 8 - 9 year old problem for R25k to R30k where you could get a brand new bike with a guarentee and peace of mind, especially if you're just getting into the sport like me.

I could not disagree more on buying 2nd hand.

Photo of the Carbon one off the net, it's exactly the same just alloy.

I put the red silicone grips and bar ends on, today got a set of Red Valve stems and this means the bike is now basically complete.

The Tan Tyres really spoil the look but I wasn't about to fork out another R1.5K just to make them black, will use these Tyres up first.

image_dd0abed5-e01f-49d6-b109-d4abf40115ed_1080x.png

Edited by AllenH
Pic off the net instead

9 hours ago, AllenH said:

On second hand bikes.

Please make contact with me so that I can help you to get the Momsen sorted without costing you another R2500. Then, granted, you do get a guarantee on a new bike but the headache which goes along with getting the manufacturer to honor that if anything does happen to your bike mechanically is another story all together. But, this is a happy moment, not a post about opinions. You got the bike of your dreams (even if it has the tan tires - which I can also swop for you, again for way less than the R1500 you mentioned). Congrats on the bike and I hope you are going to have a gazillion miles on it 👍

On 2/3/2022 at 5:32 AM, RobertWhitehead said:

Please make contact with me so that I can help you to get the Momsen sorted without costing you another R2500. Then, granted, you do get a guarantee on a new bike but the headache which goes along with getting the manufacturer to honor that if anything does happen to your bike mechanically is another story all together. But, this is a happy moment, not a post about opinions. You got the bike of your dreams (even if it has the tan tires - which I can also swop for you, again for way less than the R1500 you mentioned). Congrats on the bike and I hope you are going to have a gazillion miles on it 👍

Thanks Bud! I reported Cash Converters to The Consumer Goods Ombud and await a decision on the Momsen. I've never really ridden it because when I want to, it's broken. Will see what they say and go from there with regards to repairs,

Cheers 🍺