[Event] Swartberg 100 Gran Fondo 2022

Events Bot

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

Who's getting their fines delivered today?

I hear that people who didn't enter the event are receiving fine notices. CSA has retracted the case that I know of.

CSA admitted to being provided a list that is inaccurate. 

Any idea who provided them with a list? Would POPI come into play with list sharing?

All they need to do is cross check results vs their license holders 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, milky4130 said:

All they need to do is cross check results vs their license holders 

This person should not be on the results. They didn't pay the entry fee.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

This person should not be on the results. They didn't pay the entry fee.

😂 that’s hilarious, probably used results from a couple of years ago when we did it together, off to check my inbox now as well

3 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

😂 that’s hilarious, probably used results from a couple of years ago when we did it together, off to check my inbox now as well

He had a position carried over from the 2021 cancelled event. So his name was in a database somewhere for the event. But he did not end up taking the spot.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

He had a position carried over from the 2021 cancelled event. So his name was in a database somewhere for the event. But he did not end up taking the spot.

*tinfoil hat on*

Swartberg were bribed to send csa a list of entries. 

*tinfoil hat off*

5 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

*tinfoil hat on*

Swartberg were bribed to send csa a list of entries. 

*tinfoil hat off*

Put your tinfoil hat back on, my bet is that our 'friends' at CSA are reading your constant queries wrt licensing and are now on the prowl 😉

What i am trying to say - its all your fault!

😜

34 minutes ago, Nick said:

I can't imagine event organizer would hand over names of entrants, I'm guessing they used their influence/contacts from the Entry Ninja Portal?

Next year if I  licence before I enter Swartberg again I think I'll change my name to a "nom de velo".  The name Sorriforyou CS Africa could work né?

Fines??? Seriously? That's what we used to have meetings about after cricket. End up chugging a beer out of someones cricket boot. 

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

Fines??? Seriously? That's what we used to have meetings about after cricket. End up chugging a beer out of someones cricket boot. 

As per the rescinded letter they sent to the non-offending rider; 50 to 100 Swiss Francs and a 1-month ban.

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

As per the rescinded letter they sent to the non-offending rider; 50 to 100 Swiss Francs and a 1-month ban.

I really can't see myself getting a CSA licensed of any sort apart from the the temp one. It sounds like a protection racket. 

If you receive a fine you can tell CSA to do one. There are no gravel rules published by CSA so how will this event be sanctioned? Cannot use road rules because of bar width etc.