MTB training route Krugersdorp g/reserve

We will be spending the Easter weekend at the Krugersdorp nature reserve and wondered if anyone could suggest a nice off-road route that my son and I could ride. Looking for something around 45k's (3 hours or so?).

Since we are not too knowledgeable of the area a good description of where to start, turn and look out for or even better a GPS track would be excellent.

Please any information would be helpful, even if we need to drive a bit to get to a decent route!

Have not explored that area but there must be lots out there . Just have to be very carefull as theres also plenty informal settlements out there . I suggest you look at Google Earth (have used it a few times for route planning) keeping in mind that is 4 years old . I would try and stay clear of the South/West side of Krugersdorp . Safe rides in that area will be Northfarms and Logwood .

Bit wary of riding 'sight unseen' into areas I don't know! I think Logwood might be a nice alternative, done Northern Farm at 24 hour and 1 provincial last year. Any idea how far away Logwood is from Krugersdorp game reserve?

Nope , no idea where reserve is but it is bout 15km from Northern Farms towards Krugersdorp . (on the same road)

We will be spending the Easter weekend at the Krugersdorp nature reserve and wondered if anyone could suggest a nice off-road route that my son and I could ride. Looking for something around 45k's (3 hours or so?).

Since we are not too knowledgeable of the area a good description of where to start' date=' turn and look out for or even better a GPS track would be excellent.

Please any information would be helpful, even if we need to drive a bit to get to a decent route!

[/quote']

Hi Bigben, phone the guys at West Rand Cycles(0119554342), they're mountainbikers and should be able to help you, or check out www.westgatewheelers.co.za, contact one of the guys there, they should also know the areas around there 

Good advice from cervelo. I've done horse rides through Krugersdorp with Discover Lodge, they might be able to give you some ideas (plus the lions are fenced in, so maybe ride the reserve?)

Also, Logwood directions on www.cultcycling.co.za. I'd guess at least half an hour drive! Maybe see if Allan Laudin from Swampdogs has suggestions for you, he rides quite a lot of routes in the Lanseria district.

Good luck and enjoy!