2017 Giant Stance 2. 27.5.....What BCD is my chainring?

Johnny 55

Hi guys. I recently bought a giant stance and cant seem to determine the bcd on my chainring. I have a 2x9 deore setup wirh alivio shifters🤣 and want to go single speed. The crankset is a Comet Fsa 2x. I just dont wanna order the wrong chainring. I think its 96 or 104 but not sure.  Please help and thanks.

1646314822906891773587048200356.jpg

Centre of bolt head to centre of bolt head 

otherwise you might still be ordering something that won't fit

Take the chainring off and measure. It's FSA, it'll probably be something unique and unavailable. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2022 at 8:08 AM, droo said:

Take the chainring off and measure. It's FSA, it'll probably be something unique and unavailable. 

Why would you say unavailable?

8 minutes ago, Bongo said:

Why would you say unavailable?

Cos FSA make their own unique everything. They even have a 19mm BB and a 3 bolt chainring standard. FFS.

No disrespect to the agents, they just have a massive and weird inventory to try and manage and do pretty well despite this.

The BCD of every chainring should be written on the chainrings. Take the chainrings off and look on the "inside", bike side of the ring. 

In one click of googlefu I discovered it is 96bcd, the spider is removable and you do in fact get direct mount chainrings for it....

Here is a website where you can order one from for a whopping R449;

https://capegrosports.co.za/products/fsa-comet-mtb-modular-chainring-1x-dm

I usually charge R400 an hour to do research for other people but luckily that was 1st page 2 clicketyclicketies......

It's a pleasure