Garmin & Heart Rate Monitor

JJDT

I mainly use the HR monitor for my workouts towrds Viltality Points. I recently sourced a Garmin Edge 830 but without a HR strap. Can I use any other HR straps  for my workouts that is Ant+ or should I rather source the Garmin HR strap.

what the other knowledgeable people said.I use a wahoo strap with my garmin as I got gatvol for garmin straps.

10 minutes ago, JJDT said:

Thanks for all the replies...sourced a strap at Decathlon yesterday and the Garmin noticed the strap when I switched on the unit.

How much are they now?

will the garmin HR strap module (dont know what to call that piece of electronics that clips onto the strap) work with these decathlon straps ?

3 minutes ago, ouzo said:

will the garmin HR strap module (dont know what to call that piece of electronics that clips onto the strap) work with these decathlon straps ?

I don't know with the Decathlon strap but I have used my Garmin unit on different straps without a problem