Polar Cadance Sensor

Marius

Marius.

Myne het ook so gemaak. Ek het my MTB se magneet omgeruil en uitgevind die madneet was die probleem.

Ek het net 'n nuwe magneet by willie gaan koop.

Ek het gevind die ronde magneet met die groter area was ie een wat gewerk het, en nie daai swart rubber affere wat so inskuif.

Try eers 'n ander magneet.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marius dalk is jou magneet se battery pap!!!!! Het jy van daai swart tape wat die sensor isoleer op die frame!!!!! Ek dink WW smokkel met jou blonde koppie. Carbon Fibre is JUIS DIE geleier. Moet nooit met daai Spesiale fiets van jou in 'n donnerstorm ry nie.... jy kan dalk 'n BAIE hot seat kry..... en permanente reguit hare.

Dis juis hierdie tydsverloop met die vervanging van batterye ens wat maak dat ek meer an Garmin se Edge hou.  Vervang batterye self.  Ek vind ook dat daar minder probleme is met die Edge tegnologie. 

Groete,

Kinnie

Kinnie2006-10-31 08:48:49

Kinnie..... verander batterye die heeltyd.... terwyl jy ry erens in die bos is hou die ding op met werk. Battery mamagement en charge is 'n aanmekaar proses.... soos met my Garmin Etrex Vista C. Selle goed.

Ek stuur maar eerder my Polar een keer 'n jaar in.

Marius - maybe it got hit by that loose spoke at Durbanville LOL

Have you practiced glueing a tub yet ..Evil%20Smile

Marius - sounds like the cadence transmitter signal is to weak. It can be adjusted without sending it in - the instructions are in the manual.

Page G 90 for the 720i/710i

SEE this topic;

To increase the transmission range on the S510/S520/S710/S710i/S720 s-series speed/cadence sensors only:

Remove sensor from the bike.

Undo 2 small screws holding the two halves of the sensor together with a small philips screwdriver.

Carefully remove one section of the housing (end with cable ties).

Carefully slide the exposed printed circuit board a little way out.

Remove the jumper plug from the inner most pin and insert it over the two pins closest to the edge of the circuit board. This will give the maximum range. Shorting out the inner two pins with the jumper plug gives the medium range.

Re-assemble carefully in the reverse order.

Becareful not to over-tighten the two screws which can either distort or crack the case leaving the unit not water resistant.

Further information can be found on Page G82 of the S510 user's manual or Page G90 of the S710i/S720i user's manual.

SwissVan2006-10-31 13:38:55

Swiss, you obviously did NOT read my previous post (see page one). Although POLAR gives great descriptions on how to change batteries and increase signal trenght they do not comment on the following:-

1. Almost certain leakage with esulting water damage due to misalignment of the used seal.

2. The frialty of the plastic where the self tappers screw in. POLAR does a pressure test on the unit to ensure there is no leakage.

Your warranty will also be in jeapardy. POLAR also did not include the same instructions in the newer model S725X because of all the defect sensors they encountered accompanying previous models of HR monitors.

I am not technically challenged and did attempt to do the job myself and can vouch for all above. Although I received my sensors as defective and was reimbursed by the supplier many things can go wrong that WILL cost you money. Rather follow the conservative way and send the sensors in to POLAR.

dankie B' date=' sal weer vanaand kyk maar is redelik gatvol om dit te pobeer uitfigure. Kan ons asb. n moderator kry om WW se stront te delete???

my Sensor en reciever le nie face to face 100% nie, is bietjie skeef, miskien moet ek hulle 100% allined kry, agg ek sal kyk. thx guys!
[/quote']

Ok, ok, sal vir 'n sl*g ophou so baie stront elders op hierdie site praat.

Marius, ek is rerig, DOOD ernstig. As 'n selfconvicted "Weight-weenie" en een met 'n ernstige Carbon fetish as dit kom by fietsparte, het ek selfs my fiets ingeneem na Polar toe by hulle Argus expo stalletjie.

Bel gerus vir Polar, en praat met Harald Zumpt, hy sal vir jou ook noem dat dit die probleem kan wees.

Maar soos reeds elders genoem, kan jy die sterkte van die sein laat vergroot, maar soos vele ander, sal ek jou aanraai om dit eerder in te stuur dat Polar dit vir jou doen.

POLAR - S.A. (Intelligent Health & Fitness Products)

+27 (11) 8051028

thx Swiss but that sounds a tab complicated, I'm sending it in rather. It's can't be the battery, I'm pretty sure of that Pop-i!

BikeMax, no I have not, I'm not planning on getting flats.LOL 

Swiss' date=' you obviously did NOT read my previous post (see page one). Although POLAR gives great descriptions on how to change batteries and increase signal trenght they do not comment on the following:-

1. Almost certain leakage with esulting water damage due to misalignment of the used seal.

2. The frialty of the plastic where the self tappers screw in. POLAR does a pressure test on the unit to ensure there is no leakage.

Your warranty will also be in jeapardy. POLAR also did not include the same instructions in the newer model S725X because of all the defect sensors they encountered accompanying previous models of HR monitors.

I am not technically challenged and did attempt to do the job myself and can vouch for all above. Although I received my sensors as defective and was reimbursed by the supplier many things can go wrong that WILL cost you money. Rather follow the conservative way and send the sensors in to POLAR.
[/quote']

H - But of course I read your post. If I am not mistaken Marius was in a rush to get the thingy working (did not want to waste time sending it in) and was even looking at buying another one. SO RATHER FIX IT YOUR SELF AND IF (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) IT STOPS WORKING BECAUSE YOU WENT SWIMMING WITH IT THEN BUY ANOTHER ONE.

I mean hallooo where do you put it on your bike or your swimming costume???

Really it is so P*SS easy, 2 screws and a rubber sealWacko

Have you previous experience of doing yourself or are you just good at recipies..... rather stick to baking then!!!!!

Have you previous experience of doing yourself or are you just good at recipies..... rather stick to baking then!!!!!

H -

If you?re referring to me, what tree did u fall out of today?.

http://www.buzzle.com/pix/illustrations/banana.gif

Experience YES but definitely no baking experience.

Doesn?t take experience to change a battery or make the adjustment, just plain old dog F? and care.

SwissVan2006-11-01 06:08:35

Oh, you had time to get away from the baking to post something sarcastic again ?????

Just a little update, I was informed that Willie no longer send Polar stuff to Polar Jhb, you have to do that yourself now I was told. So last night I took off the Cadence sensor and the receiver.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So I filled in the form and then just to make sore the thing was really broken I showed Tania how it doesn?t work. The watch, cadence sensor and receiver were all lying near to each other and guess what, it?s worked, I could not believe it.

I then started moving away from the watch till about 600mm and it stopped receiving the signal. We then decided to attach it to the bike again and c if it still works, so I put in onto it?s original position with the Cadence sensor on the lower part of my frame just in front of the back wheel. It was a no go, we then moved the cadence sensor forward onto the bottom tube and the receiver a bit up on the crank arm and heavens behold, it worked. So my conclusion is that the signal was to weak or has gotten weak but now that it?s closer to the watch it?s working again, Oooh joy!

Thx for all the advice, it turns out some of you actually have a clue..Tongue