Ciovita Tinta & USWE combo

no calves

Anybody using a CIOVITA Tinta with an USWE?

It seems my USWE is not liking my shirt very much. The central rib on the pack is ruining the material between my shoulder blades aswell as the straps going over my shoulders.

There was hundreds of Tinta USWE combos on the epic, so i am keen to hear your thoughts. Im on my 2nd ruined shirt now.

Photos to follow

That jersey is made from very thin breathable fabrics, I can’t imagine a 2kg load on the back moving about and chaffing the fabrics for hours on end will result in long life.

Isn't the whole point/marketing of the Uswe is that it doesn't move around? 😝

Realistically, backpacks cause chaff. The friction will destroy the mercerised fabric. There is very little you can do about it.

I have various Backpacks which I use for adventure racing. I find anything with any sort of rigidity causes the damage, which is the thought behind running vests.

You might want to try changing where the pack sits on you back/shoulders and see if that works. Eliminating movement of one of the factors (eg you vs the shirt vs the pack) and try to get all 3 to move together as much as possible.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Isn't the whole point/marketing of the Uswe is that it doesn't move around? 😝

Realistically, backpacks cause chaff. The friction will destroy the mercerised fabric. There is very little you can do about it.

I have various Backpacks which I use for adventure racing. I find anything with any sort of rigidity causes the damage, which is the thought behind running vests.

You might want to try changing where the pack sits on you back/shoulders and see if that works. Eliminating movement of one of the factors (eg you vs the shirt vs the pack) and try to get all 3 to move together as much as possible.

No Dancing Monkey but it does do the moonwalk…..😂

that said the pack doesn’t move around relative to the buckle but you are flexing around between the buckle and the back of the pack. Through in hours of dirt and sweat getting in between pack jersey and skin , you better have something there that is tough.

I wear cycling tops made of thick material when wearing any hydration pack or one made mostly of Lycra to prevent the damage to the jersey. Tight fitting light weight materials just get broken and becomes irritating after the 2nd hour due to the dirt and grit trapped in the material 

Edited by DieselnDust

17 hours ago, Sidekick Racer said:

YES!!! This happened to me too. Another Tinta dead over here.

Ok so ita not just me. It seems to be the sentral piece of reinforcement fabfic running the lenth of the pack?

Just now, PhilipV said:

No 

Now that the one word reply is out of the way:

The Thule pack can't hold a candle to USWE when it comes to inhibiting movement. It's a fancy day pack for hikes. 

Back to topic, I think the issue is the Ciovita shirt. The material was never designed to have to withstand localized chafing like that. 

Durable vs Breathable. Take your pick.