Wattz Bib Shorts - Any reviews?

Dandre

25 minutes ago, throttles said:

Sorry to hear.. 

Perhaps contact Ciovita to see if they can resolve.

No point now the bib was tossed out last year :(

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, no calves said:

Just looked around their website. Safe to order? i am in CPT. The clothing seems nice but never heard of them so i am a little hesitant

I've not ordered from their site, but the phyiscal address and phone number on the Monton site is all Northcliff Cycles details, so i think its just a formalisation of the distribution.

I just called and confirmed with them that website sizing is the european fit, but there is a size guide

• 3 weeks later...

Just to report back to all. I ended up purchasing the normal black pair with gel chamois at cycle lab for R799... 

I took part in the final 2022 Joberg2c and used it on 3 of the stages.  It was by far the most comfortable bib above my anatomic ergonomic, craft and first ascent pro elite. Hoping for good longevity like throttles is getting!

• 2 months later...

I bought the ones they have on special currently at CL. (Amplify Velocity)

As per one of the other comments, a bit skeptical about the chamois and gel inserts, but for R500 on special I thought i'd get them for my daily rides anyway.

I've done one ride so far with about 2 hours of saddle time. I did feel a slight bit more pressure than with my other bibs, but it could just be because the gel needs some seat time. Let see.

33 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I bought the ones they have on special currently at CL. (Amplify Velocity)

As per one of the other comments, a bit skeptical about the chamois and gel inserts, but for R500 on special I thought i'd get them for my daily rides anyway.

I've done one ride so far with about 2 hours of saddle time. I did feel a slight bit more pressure than with my other bibs, but it could just be because the gel needs some seat time. Let see.

What are your other bibs to make the comparison more meaningful?

3 minutes ago, Mattman said:

What are your other bibs to make the comparison more meaningful?

Everyday bib is a Vye Mirage. this has about 10 000km of saddle time. Long distance bib is Ciovita Corsa 1 . Those are the ones I'm comparing to, I have other bibs but they are only good for sub 1 hour rides.

First machine wash and the silicone strip on the one leg has come off.

But the silicone on the Vye bibs came off very early on too, luckily my legs are fat enough to hold the bib leg in place so the silicone is not really needed.

20 hours ago, ouzo said:

Everyday bib is a Vye Mirage. this has about 10 000km of saddle time. Long distance bib is Ciovita Corsa 1 . Those are the ones I'm comparing to, I have other bibs but they are only good for sub 1 hour rides.

Bad experience with Vye from my side. Won't touch their bibs again.

Just now, M L said:

Bad experience with Vye from my side. Won't touch their bibs again.

what happened ? I've had a good experience with them.

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

First machine wash and the silicone strip on the one leg has come off.

But the silicone on the Vye bibs came off very early on too, luckily my legs are fat enough to hold the bib leg in place so the silicone is not really needed.

Give Ian a call about that silicone strip. They had an issue with the machine that applies that strip. It’s been sorted thanks to customer feedback. I’m sure they’ll repair it for you.

12 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Give Ian a call about that silicone strip. They had an issue with the machine that applies that strip. It’s been sorted thanks to customer feedback. I’m sure they’ll repair it for you.

How do I get hold of Ian?

22 hours ago, ouzo said:

what happened ? I've had a good experience with them.

Rubbers at the bottom of the legs came off quickly and then started to curl upwards. Chamois seems okay but the lycra is bad. 

11 minutes ago, M L said:

Rubbers at the bottom of the legs came off quickly and then started to curl upwards. Chamois seems okay but the lycra is bad. 

OK

The silicone on mine also came off rather quickly (but DieselDust says they rectified that in future production), but I never had the curling. The silicone coming off never bothered me and the legs still sit tight and snug on my legs. Lycra has held up well on my one, but after being used for around 10 000km the chamois is not as cushy as before. 

4 hours ago, M L said:

This sounds like a velo race. As Per Ouzo, get in touch with Ian or Bjorn at Vye. They're aware of the problem with the silicone strip and the leg gripper elastic on one of the production runs