Two person bike :-) Is this legit ?

Max Headroom

On 4/22/2022 at 7:43 AM, mecheng89 said:

Why does it seem that the driver/pilot is trying so much harder than the stoker? Unless she has a better poker face. 

As someone who frequents a divorcycle, I find an extension of this one of the only annoying bits.

Somehow every third person that sees you inevitably elbows one of their unwashed miscreant buddies in the flank, asking them to hold their Cane and Pepsi, before yukking out the epitome of wit: "Bruh she's not pedaling hey! KE KE KE KE" 

If you ever consider blurting that out at a passing tandem, even with the best of intentions, reconsider and rather give them pretty much any other greeting.

Regarding calling it a divorcycle, I've always loved this:"Regardless of where your relationship is going, a tandem will get you there faster."

Edited by TyronLab

12 hours ago, TyronLab said:

As someone who frequents a divorcycle, I find an extension of this one of the only annoying bits.

Somehow every third person that sees you inevitably elbows one of their unwashed miscreant buddies in the flank, asking them to hold their Cane and Pepsi, before yukking out the epitome of wit: "Bruh she's not pedaling hey! KE KE KE KE" 

If you ever consider blurting that out at a passing tandem, even with the best of intentions, reconsider and rather give them pretty much any other greeting.

Regarding calling it a divorcycle, I've always loved this:"Regardless of where your relationship is going, a tandem will get you there faster."

guilty as charged!

although i still remember seeing this post the day it was written and chuckled louder than ever.

https://www.conradstoltz.com/index.php/specialized-shiv-tandem-concept-bike/

possibly in the market for one anyway, kids are getting big enough.

On 4/22/2022 at 7:43 AM, mecheng89 said:

Why does it seem that the driver/pilot is trying so much harder than the stoker? Unless she has a better poker face. 

stoker is fully in the slipstream. Don't you know it's at least 30% less effort than facing the wind ?😄