Armour-Ride non-delivery & not contactable

Michael_Sutton

I recently (4th of April) ordered a full custom frame wrap for my Cannondale scalpel 2021 from armour ride (https://armour-ride.com/). Upon making payment they state that there will be a 15 day waiting period for delivery. I proceeded with my order. On the 28th of April i had heard nothing from them and sent an email asking for an explanation, I got no reply. On the 6th of April i sent another follow up email, got no reply. I was then able to get hold of the owners (Willim Kriek) phone number, i have called him a few times over the past few days and every time it goes dead straight away.

Has anyone else experienced difficulties like this with armour-ride? Or know the owner personally to sort this out. At the moment I'm 2k down and nothing to show for it.

Willem is or has immigrated is my understanding... Currently Dean is there running show!

Here's from Instagram

Edited by Meezo
Removed the post with their number , POPI

5 hours ago, Meezo said:

Willem is or has immigrated is my understanding... Currently Dean is there running show!

Here's from Instagram

POPI only applies if you shared information that wasn’t public domain to begin with and if the information in your possession was that of a data subject that consented to you having their details or did business with you or has any contractual obligations with you. 

Copy and paste from their website or social media is perfectly legal. 

As for this company…. utter *** service and an inferior quality product. If I didn’t already pay for the kit I would definitely have gone elsewhere. Also had to send multiple messages, calls etc and eventually had the product delivered…. only for it to be the wrong one. 

Edited by Steady Spin

I also didn't have issue with them in the past, BUT, my neighbor told me last week he did.  Also couldn't get hold pf them and the shop installing in Jhb closed down.

He ended up doing a full wrap on his Santa Cruz.

39 minutes ago, herrowpreeze said:

Never had an issue with armour ride, always had good service, you must just be unlucky

Same here - I received excellent service from the guys when I dropped my bike for a full wrap in November last year. 

I received excellent service in November with them doing a full kit in a very short time and they dropped off the bike at the shop even on a public holiday. 

This would be very sad news if their service goes down the drain