Scott Spark 970 - Twinlock Query

Ryan Bevan

Just now, TheoG said:

Dont find a bike shop, find someone that specialize in suspension !

Thanks TheoG ! 

30 minutes ago, Ryan Bevan said:

Collected the bike now and i only have full open or full closed with no answer as to why the traction control isn't working. I'm told i shouldn't be using it anyway. 

Now i need to find a new bike shop :) 

Speak to @droo

30 minutes ago, Ryan Bevan said:

Collected the bike now and i only have full open or full closed with no answer as to why the traction control isn't working. I'm told i shouldn't be using it anyway. 

Ryan do you mind sharing the shop name ?  Even if via a DM .....

Having owned a Scott I know how few "authorized workshops" there are in your area .... I also know what their workshops look like ......  And YES, the dual lockout WORKED properly after the independant shop serviced my bike.

I DID void my warantee and took my bike to a local independant bike workshop, and I know my bike was PROPERLY serviced.

You may want to have a look at Knipe_Racing around the corner from you.  Just is bit of drive in the afternoon traffic for me, thus I used another shop closer to me.  I am at that point where I need to make a call on warantee vs decent service for my ebike ... will most likely book it in at Knipe_Racing for its major service after the winter.

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Ryan do you mind sharing the shop name ?  Even if via a DM .....

Having owned a Scott I know how few "authorized workshops" there are in your area .... I also know what their workshops look like ......  And YES, the dual lockout WORKED properly after the independant shop serviced my bike.

I DID void my warantee and took my bike to a local independant bike workshop, and I know my bike was PROPERLY serviced.

You may want to have a look at Knipe_Racing around the corner from you.  Just is bit of drive in the afternoon traffic for me, thus I used another shop closer to me.  I am at that point where I need to make a call on warantee vs decent service for my ebike ... will most likely book it in at Knipe_Racing for its major service after the winter.

Message sent . 

44 minutes ago, Ryan Bevan said:

@Ryan Bevanas per the specs @dasilvarsadropped above, it does seem that the fork only has 2 modes, open and lockout. It's the shock that has 3 modes. What that means is if the twinlock lever (which should have 3 modes) is in open or traction , then the fork would be fully open . So if the shock is in open or traction, the fork is open and only if twinlock is fully closed, would the fork be closed along with the shock. If it's doing that then it's working correctly.

5 minutes ago, stevieg8 said:

@Ryan Bevanas per the specs @dasilvarsadropped above, it does seem that the fork only has 2 modes, open and lockout. It's the shock that has 3 modes. What that means is if the twinlock lever (which should have 3 modes) is in open or traction , then the fork would be fully open . So if the shock is in open or traction, the fork is open and only if twinlock is fully closed, would the fork be closed along with the shock. If it's doing that then it's working correctly.

I see that now ! and that makes 100% sense. I just wish they would have explained that to me as per the above :) . I was certain when i went into traction mode (before the service) the fork would also harden up but i guess I've just experienced the Mandela effect.  

This sounds very strange ....

On my 2018 model 940 there certainly was THREE modes to the shocks.

On my friend's 2022 model (the new one with the integrated shock), it certainly also has THREE modes to the shocks.

The Judy compression damper, unless there's a special Scott version, is on or off.

The shock has 3 settings, one of which has more to do with the air spring volume than the damper.

The higher end Fox and RS compression dampers, on the 32, 34 and SID have 3 settings, and the older SID and Reba also had up to 5 clicks of compression adjustment.

If you'd like, pop in sometime and I can pop the damper out and check for you.

RockShox Judy Silver TK

RS TK Dampers do not have Motion Control.

Lockout and (Rebound Adjust (5 Click)) only.

You can Adjust Damping Slightly by Viscosity of the Fluid. (Don't try this at Home)