The Right MTB Frame Size

AndyJames

My height is well within the medium frame size at 175cm but leg length in the large zone. Intend to ride XC marathon more than anything. Looking at purchasing 2022 Silverback Stratos CF Pro. Any suggestions on which size frame would be best?!

the size chart on the Silverback site is a little different from most other size charts...it would put you well into a L frame using your inseam as a measurement but bang in the middle of an M using the rider height parameters....it's a hard one to answer and ideally you should go and see the bikes and sit on them to see how the reach feels....

I would think an M would be the correct size for you looking at the geometry on the chart...

Thanks for your input. I currently ride a L Silverback Sido. Haven't felt uncomfortable on it but also haven't really tested a M before. 

Andy the only way to KNOW is to test ride the bikes.

At 176cm I have been through the same a few times.

On the previous Scott the L worked perfectly for me.

On the Giant and the Darrvin I am firmly in the middle of their M range.

A friend had the previous Scott in L .... just bought the new one in L ..... :eek:  New one is larger !!  He only just fits !!  another 5mm and it would have been very expensive school fees.

Look up RAD sizing on YouTube an alternative. Interesting approach, and you can take your peace of string with you to the shop to check sizing. You can usually fix leg length issues with seatpost changes, but reach and balance are much more specific. 

The OLD Inch Size Was a Better Mousetrap.

Medium of What ?

You can Still get the Inch size of frames from the Manufacturers.

17 Inch 17,5 and 18 inch are All Mediums (Are they) ? 18 is a Large in some makes but Medium in others.

I think with the S M L System they make less less frame sizes. More Profit.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:29 PM, AndyJames said:

83cm inseam. Don't know saddle height. 

You’re a medium. Saddle height will be around 73cm lowest to 75cm centre of bb to top of saddle.

with a 44cm sea tube a 125mm dropper. Depending on arm length you may require a 70 or 80mm stem