Vuelta 2022

emme

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

From what I saw it was a monster effort from Roglic and when he tired and the other guys pulled through he made what I thought was the incorrect decision to join between riders rather than at the back

he was on the limit and maybe not thinking correctly. He pulled into the mini breakaway whilst Fred Wright seemed to just hold his line 

It was a racing incident and possibly Roglics fault.  He’s had some terrible luck and usually is pretty stoic about it because he redeems himself with a Vuelta win

This year he hasn’t been able to “fix” his year with a Vuelta win,  frustrations have boiled over and he’s looking to apportion blame. 

Seems out of character but I’m afraid he’s wrong 

I’d love him to win the Giro or TDF 

As an aside I have found this Vuelta boring - not sure why as some great performances 

I wont lie I battled through it a little bit too. Thought they cancelled today even, but see it juststarted on Variety 1. 

You summed it up real well, think Roggz was just moeg. 

8 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I wont lie I battled through it a little bit too. Thought they cancelled today even, but see it juststarted on Variety 1. 

You summed it up real well, think Roggz was just moeg. 

I think the reason why some people found the Vuelta a bit boring is because there was no rider who could really compete with Evenepoel for GC. It was the same last year when Roglic hardly had any competition. 

Journo: "Will Remco be at the Tour de France next year?"

Patricia: "No..."

Journo: "Why not?"

Patricia: "We are following a plan, you know..."

On 9/11/2022 at 6:59 AM, Wayne pudding Mol said:

As an aside I have found this Vuelta boring - not sure why as some great performances 

Seems grand tours are becoming two-horse races at best and often the 2nd horse isn't really even in the race.

Tours need all of the best riders present imo.

And some more SA presence in the breakaways on quiet days. 👀🇿🇦