Vuelta 2022

emme

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ride by Mick, wow! Was wondering if he had some magic left in those legs. Inspirational speech by the charismatic Colombian grimpeur:

“It’s beautiful to win in the Vuelta. I’ve been looking for this for several years because I’d already won at the Tour and the Giro. So as a three-week rider to win here is very special. It’s not just this year that I was looking for this win, I’ve been looking for it for years, so I’m very happy and I want to thank the team and my family.

"I was against some quick riders, I had to preserve some energy to ride against people like Soler. At 300m to go, I said 'I have to go now, it's now or never.'

"This win shows that we always have to believe and fight, even if sometimes the results seems far off. The important is to get up every day and ride with a good attitude, with happiness and with hope.”

Pic: Team EF

26E3D5B2-3E0C-410F-84F4-66ADCB81D443.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

7 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Seems possible he punctured with 7km to go and rode into the safe zone before stopping. There's no way Rog had any knowledge of where the red jersey was when he attacked.

That is a possibility. But you'll be surprised, all Roglic needs is one of his team mates to sit behind/around Remco & watch and relay any info via radio, this is no secret and happens all the time in the peloton any signs of weakness or trouble it gets radio'ed in.

25 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Hoping that Maincheese gets into the break today and climbs up the GC similar to what Uran did yesterday?

It's a good day for it! 🤞

9 hours ago, milky4130 said:

That is a possibility. But you'll be surprised, all Roglic needs is one of his team mates to sit behind/around Remco & watch and relay any info via radio, this is no secret and happens all the time in the peloton any signs of weakness or trouble it gets radio'ed in.

Remco's own teammates weren't even behind/around him... 🤫

no ways..... I was excited to see if maybe vine had a second wind in this last week of vuelta

ouch... that pic looks like he is in serious trouble.

Not lekker and he has been a revelation in the tour so far.

17 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Catching up after a long day at work. This race face of Champoussin, priceless!  

316FB8E5-5E51-4F26-AED2-F597F814C430.jpeg

I am sure he is deep in the hurt box , but I could not figure out while watching it live why he only has this face when looking up? Maybe I am just having a negative day but never liked animated antics for the camera. At least Thomas Voeckler was pulling faces while looking down as well.