best bang for buck bibs and saddle !!!

Kingofthemountains

All asses are different. Bibs and saddles are per personal preference. 

It took me a while to find the right combo which is Fabric and Vye. 

Bike setup will also play a major role as a couple of degrees of tilt wrong in a saddle can cause you to grind your chommie raw.

Edited by Steady Spin

5 hours ago, Thomo said:

What I realise with threads like these is give it enough time and just about all brands will get a mention.

Many are equally good (at similar price), but unfortunately not necessarily equally good for different people.

@Steady Spin is spot on ... BIKE FIT is step one.  No saddle nor bib will compensate for a bad bike fit.

@Thomo while we are listing our brands ... :P

Not a fan of Ciovita .... 

Enjoying the Assos bib

Still love my FirstAccent cycling pants the most .... :ph34r:  Did 7 hours in one of these on Saturday, works a charm.

Saddles .... for shorter distances the Ryder saddle worked perfectly (sorry, will need to check the model number)  For longer distances it caused severe discomfort .... NOPE, that turned out to be the poor quality Ciovita.  Before confirming that, I bought the Selle Italia Boost saddle.  Loved it so much I bought the same for my other bike as well.

Edited by ChrisF

Have First Ascent Pro Elite bib and First Ascent Podium bib. Pro Elite is okay, Podium is excellent and can be bought for under 2K. Have  used Podium for both long road and MTB rides. No issues.

Will buy Podium again when replacing current bibs.

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, El Duderino said:

Have First Ascent Pro Elite bib and First Ascent Podium bib. Pro Elite is okay, Podium is excellent and can be bought for under 2K. Have  used Podium for both long road and MTB rides. No issues.

Will buy Podium again when replacing current bibs.

How is the podium holding out? I am looking at buying podium but would be interested to know how well they lasted/lasts?

12 hours ago, reteid said:

How is the podium holding out? I am looking at buying podium but would be interested to know how well they lasted/lasts?

Podiums are excellent bibs for the price. Have had mine since 2021 and they still in reasonable shape. Only used on indoor trainer these days as I've got new 2 x new Ciovita bibs.