Stretches for hamstrings (and in general)

1 hour ago, Pieter-za said:

I have even seen physiotherapists disagreeing with each other on this 🤷‍♂️

JIP .... 

My physio gave me some basic exercises for my knees.  The Dr referred me to a biokeneticist .... totally different set of exercises !!  In fact, she stepped away from the knees and started fixing up the core first ...... stretching exercises were added a few months later.

I certainly dont know who is "correct" ..... only anecdotel feedback I can provide is that when I fall behind in these exercises (combination of stretches and core), my ITB lets me know about it on long rides ....  this may be more because of my old war wounds, and possibly less applicable to a fit young generation ....

Edited by ChrisF

15 hours ago, ChrisF said:

JIP .... 

My physio gave me some basic exercises for my knees.  The Dr referred me to a biokeneticist .... totally different set of exercises !!  In fact, she stepped away from the knees and started fixing up the core first ...... stretching exercises were added a few months later.

I certainly dont know who is "correct" ..... only anecdotel feedback I can provide is that when I fall behind in these exercises (combination of stretches and core), my ITB lets me know about it on long rides ....  this may be more because of my old war wounds, and possibly less applicable to a fit young generation ....

Probably both but the results should tell you. My YT "research" (Dr Stuart McGill mainly I think) on back pain says exercises that require severe (as far as possible, foot to bum or touching of toes) bending at the waist or even of the knees should be avoided.