Marin Bikes are Made For Fun 🔥

Since the first mountain bikes bearing the Marin Bikes name debuted in 1986, the brand has been dedicated to enriching the lives of our riders by making fun, high calibre bicycles, which provide years of riding enjoyment. We operate a business based on hard work, fueled by passion, and fulfilled by the satisfaction of bringing the joy of cycling to riders across the world………and now to SOUTH AFRCA!

Whether your idea of fun involves riding rugged trails up in the Drakensberg, pinning on a race number and entering your first race, taking the long way home, bikepacking to that remote campsite, or just exploring the neighbourhood bike paths, Marin brings the fun to your ride. It’s the principle that guides us when developing new bikes, from long-travel, trail-devouring machines that are at home in some of the world’s most challenging race circuits to the multi-surface capable pavement collection. Each model is designed to be playful and to maximize the opportunities for two-wheeled fun.

We plan our offering around being able to supply excellent quality bikes at the best prices!
Hello South Africa, welcome to the fun, welcome to MARIN BIKES!  

Our range is available at leading bike retailers! 🚴

Get in touch with us for more information on the range available and find your nearest retailer👌
076 970 7708

Screenshot 2022-10-05 103128.jpg

15 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Nice to see Marin return to South Africa, best of luck with the brand, hope it's a success! 

Thank you!! 💪

3 hours ago, Marin South Africa said:

Marin Bikes are Made For Fun 🔥

Since the first mountain bikes bearing the Marin Bikes name debuted in 1986, the brand has been dedicated to enriching the lives of our riders by making fun, high calibre bicycles, which provide years of riding enjoyment. We operate a business based on hard work, fueled by passion, and fulfilled by the satisfaction of bringing the joy of cycling to riders across the world………and now to SOUTH AFRCA!

Whether your idea of fun involves riding rugged trails up in the Drakensberg, pinning on a race number and entering your first race, taking the long way home, bikepacking to that remote campsite, or just exploring the neighbourhood bike paths, Marin brings the fun to your ride. It’s the principle that guides us when developing new bikes, from long-travel, trail-devouring machines that are at home in some of the world’s most challenging race circuits to the multi-surface capable pavement collection. Each model is designed to be playful and to maximize the opportunities for two-wheeled fun.

We plan our offering around being able to supply excellent quality bikes at the best prices!
Hello South Africa, welcome to the fun, welcome to MARIN BIKES!  

Our range is available at leading bike retailers! 🚴

Get in touch with us for more information on the range available and find your nearest retailer👌
076 970 7708

Screenshot 2022-10-05 103128.jpg

I remember having one for an extended trial in 2006. Got many comments on the upside down fork setup. Made me look like a downhiller ( but without the necessary courage or skills)

16 minutes ago, I FLY said:

I remember having one for an extended trial in 2006. Got many comments on the upside down fork setup. Made me look like a downhiller ( but without the necessary courage or skills)

I suspect you are thinking of Maverick, it had the Maverick DUC 32 Upside down fork on it

Edited by letsride

50 minutes ago, letsride said:

I suspect you are thinking of Maverick, it had the Maverick DUC 32 Upside down fork on it

Definitely a Marin with an upside down fork setup

I rode next to my Epic partner who was  on this bike for a week

the suspension had an annoying squeak the whole week so I did look at the name on the frame numerous times

20 hours ago, TyronLab said:

Will you be bringing the whole range in, or just select SA-specific models? 

We won't be bringing the whole range in as of yet, at the moment we have selected models. 

You're welcome to pop me a mail and I will send you our brochure:

glenn@fratello.co.za 

I started MTBking with a Marin Bobcat and then a Palisades while living in Joburg back last century when there was no suspension and V brakes where hot... had a lot of fun riding and racing them

Good luck Marin SA

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

That E2 looks great value in the USA. Is it coming to SA?

At this stage it isn't in SA, although we will defnitely expand our local range over time!!