SUPERMANTRI

Event Name: The Stanford 100 Miler
When: 10/12/2022
Where: Stanford Hills Estate, , Stanford, Stanford, Western Cape
Category: Gravel

10 DEC 22

169KM 2360M

80% DIRT

The Stanford 100 Miler is a 1 day race in the heart of the Overstrand. Did you know Stanford is the only Town in the Overstrand proclaimed a Heritage Site, in its entirety. Like the whole Town is a Heritage site. Fancy. Probably the best part of Stanford is its proximity to equally beautiful towns, Gansbaai, Pearly Beach, Hermanus, Franskraal, Elim, Baarskeedersbos and L’Agulhas, the Southernmost tip of Africa.

2022 will be the inaugural Stanford 100 Miler, brought to you by the people who bring you the handcrafted bicycle race in the Tankwa Karoo, The Tanqua Kuru Bicycle Race. This race has been built from the ground up. Fresh. Real. Untemplacised with an unwavering commitment to create memories and adding value to the people who host us.

Join us for The Hunt.

Go to Event Page.

3 hours ago, white tiger said:

Hi

What is the cut off times for the race?

Am I allowed to do it on my MTB?

Not sure, but pretty sure the answer to question two is yes

Hi there,

The route is predominately on district gravel roads so a comfy ride on an mtb and solid ride on a gravel bike.

9hr cut off.

Hope to see you there 🤘

Edit: The cut off is 12 hours not 9 hours. Apologies for that.

Edited by SUPERMANTRI
Wrong info

• 1 month later...

I knew I was undercooked on the comeback trail after my OTB broken metacarpals and ribs at Around the Pot but I hadn't realised just how undercooked I was. Suffered like the slow mule I am.

Tough course, state of fitness and weather (headwinds and rain) stopped me enjoying the scenery which I know is lovely there cos I've ridden a few MTB events before (Napier patatfees being one of them, came down that very steep climb that we went up on that ride, but climbed it from the other side .... slowest ever 100 miler but it's in the legs...

I carried 3 water bottles which was more than enough given the weather but on a hot day I would have needed a camelbak too.

Gravel bike is the right bike for the event but there were times I wished I had a dropper post and even a little bit of suspension would have been nice on some of the descents - I envied the guy with the Lauff fork and the guy with the 30mm lefty too ....

Was pleased I'd swapped my 40mm's for 45mm's Cinturato mixed terrain... very good tyre IMO.

I'll be back to improve my time if it's on again next year.

1 hour ago, -Az- said:

Yes ... that horse with its flowing mane and rippling muscles may be a little bit wishful given the soggy bottomed donkey (me) that dragged itself over the finish line but a mamil can have aspirations I suppose.

3 hours ago, Mamil said:

I knew I was undercooked on the comeback trail after my OTB broken metacarpals and ribs at Around the Pot but I hadn't realised just how undercooked I was. Suffered like the slow mule I am.

Tough course, state of fitness and weather (headwinds and rain) stopped me enjoying the scenery which I know is lovely there cos I've ridden a few MTB events before (Napier patatfees being one of them, came down that very steep climb that we went up on that ride, but climbed it from the other side .... slowest ever 100 miler but it's in the legs...

I carried 3 water bottles which was more than enough given the weather but on a hot day I would have needed a camelbak too.

Gravel bike is the right bike for the event but there were times I wished I had a dropper post and even a little bit of suspension would have been nice on some of the descents - I envied the guy with the Lauff fork and the guy with the 30mm lefty too ....

Was pleased I'd swapped my 40mm's for 45mm's Cinturato mixed terrain... very good tyre IMO.

I'll be back to improve my time if it's on again next year.

I would love to do the Napier Patatfees again :thumbup:

Previous one was a suffer fest of note !!!  Over confident and blasted out of the gates .... was cramping most of the way ....

As for Stanford .... miss their two day Stanford Classic in February.  Also some unfinished business ... was my first stage race .... then got sidelined when my knees packed up .... was at the start on both days, watching a friend race with my entry .....  Aaaaaahhhhh man .... unfinished business.

Edited by ChrisF

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

As for Stanford .... miss their two day Stanford Classic in February.  Also some unfinished business ... was my first stage race .... then got sidelined when my knees packed up .... was at the start on both days, watching a friend race with my entry .....  Aaaaaahhhhh man .... unfinished business.

it is still on the calendar albeit at a premium.