Tour de France 2024

'Dale

19 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Perhaps he should LOOK at IPT, and ask the former TdF winner for some tips.
But 7.7Kg without a computer/PM is rather bizarre.

Now he knows how I feel on my 8.8Kg steel bike,trying to compete with other toppies on their (probably) sub-6.8Kg bikes that only get weighed at Provincial and National champs. Except I choose to  ride it, and don't have a sponsor (nor a team). 🤪

His bike isn’t 7.7kg , closer to 7.4kg and the. It’s not that far from other disc brake equipped tour bikes. He makes a complete non sense argument. Those lighter bikes he referenced are specially made for the teams . Lighter than the production bikes we pay R300k for

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

His bike isn’t 7.7kg , closer to 7.4kg and the. It’s not that far from other disc brake equipped tour bikes. He makes a complete non sense argument. Those lighter bikes he referenced are specially made for the teams . Lighter than the production bikes we pay R300k for

He said, they said… 300g between his, and the team’s, claim. What we agree on is the nonsensical complaint.

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

Perhaps he should LOOK at IPT, and ask the former TdF winner for some tips.
But 7.7Kg without a computer/PM is rather bizarre.

Now he knows how I feel on my 8.8Kg steel bike,trying to compete with other toppies on their (probably) sub-6.8Kg bikes that only get weighed at Provincial and National champs. Except I choose to  ride it, and don't have a sponsor (nor a team). 🤪

😂

Never take a stick to a gunfight. You might just get hurt (Author unknown)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2024 at 1:15 PM, Frosty said:

The production value and content of certain videos on Youtube blow the offerings of the streaming services out of the water. I thoroughly enjoyed this video.

Yeah certainly enjoyed it too. Man that was an emotional affair for the bees. 

Jonas opening up of possibly being scared of group riding/descending hits home having gone through the same mental battle myself. 

Always lekker to see it from the "inside".