[Event] Winelands Cycle Race

Paarl Rotary

Event Name: Winelands Cycle Race
When: 22/01/2023
Where: , Wellington, Wellington, Western Cape
Category: Road

The Winelands Cycle Race consists of two races starting and ending at Hugenote Primary School in Wellington. The long race (102 km) is for more experienced riders and is a seeding race for the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023. Entry is R350. It starts in Wellington, taking riders via Riebeek Kasteel and Paardeberg back to Wellington. The short race (52 km) for less experienced riders travels along the R45 towards Malmesbury, and merges with the long race on Slent Road, Paardeberg. Entry is R260. On returning to the school there will be medals for the finishers, refreshment stalls, a bike park and a lucky draw.

Go to Event Page.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, The itch said:

is this event going to be sanctioned by CSA?

it's not on the CSA calendar so far

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, WattsTheFuss said:

Looking forward to a good race compared to last years terrible conditions.

Hoping for a good turn out / good racing

It was a tad warm, and a tad windy, but not terrible?
The year before we swam to the start line...

5 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

It was a tad warm, and a tad windy, but not terrible?
The year before we swam to the start line...

Last year was absolutely terrible. Hated every second of it.

Was looking forward to making amends this year only to have a freaking accident this morning. Now sitting with road rash, bruised eye and a sore body. Fingers crossed the body is less sore come Sunday.

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

Last year was absolutely terrible. Hated every second of it.

Was looking forward to making amends this year only to have a freaking accident this morning. Now sitting with road rash, bruised eye and a sore body. Fingers crossed the body is less sore come Sunday.

Hopefully it's the end of accidents season, hope you ok. Still had a couple of those drivers that pass into a circle to turn left on me this morning...

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

Hopefully it's the end of accidents season, hope you ok. Still had a couple of those drivers that pass into a circle to turn left on me this morning...

I wish it could blame a driver. Unfortunately just me pushing the limits of cornering a bit too far🤣. I think I’ll just blame it on the tires. Needs to be changed 👍

Last time I did this was that swimming gala one. Weather is looking good for sunday. Nice and warm, almost no wind in the morning.