[Event] Winelands Cycle Race

Paarl Rotary

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much wind predicted, but if it blows it's a 20km gutter from halfway into a 10km block headwind before a 20km tailwind section on the rollers into the finish... 

On 1/19/2023 at 1:50 PM, WattsTheFuss said:

Seedings out, starting in the C Group

Where do you see your seeding, start times ?

4 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Where do you see your seeding, start times ?

You should have received an email and SMS, otherwise on racetec.

7 minutes ago, waveduke said:

You should have received an email and SMS, otherwise on racetec.

VERY late entry.  😋

Probably last group ... only my second road event.

HOPING there are some more fun riders .... or it may be a long solo ride ...  

15 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

VERY late entry.  😋

Probably last group ... only my second road event.

HOPING there are some more fun riders .... or it may be a long solo ride ...  

there were plenty of people at cwc buying their first racetec chips today and asking how to mount them….

Assuming they wont all be doing the short one, it should be well stocked with punters. This and 99’er early Feb is usually prop vol people getting their one and only 100km seeding ride in for the CTCT.

Its my first one for the year too…so Ill be plonking along as well. Been enjoying the “falling down mountains on a mtb ”thing too much lately to put in the work on this side of cycling.
But it’s time to remind my legs and butt what 100kms in the saddle feels like again😅

Ps: hoe laat begin jy? Ps2: Toemar, sien nou jy weet nog nie.

Edited by MORNE

3 minutes ago, MORNE said:

there were plenty of people at cwc buying their first racetec chips today and asking how to mount them….

Assuming they wont all be doing the short one, it should be well stocked with punters. This and 99’er early Feb is usually prop vol people getting their one and only 100km seeding ride in for the CTCT.

Its my first one for the year too…so Ill be plonking along as well. Been enjoying the “falling down mountains on a mtb ”thing too much lately to put in the work on this side of cycling.
But it’s time to remind my legs and butt what 100kms in the saddle feels like again😅

Ps: hoe laat begin jy?

6:23 

Vanmiddag 15:56 ingestap by CWC ....

Fiets was klaar reg vir n lang oefen rondte.  So toe n vriend dit voorstel is my rubber arm gou omgedraai ...🤣

WOW !!!  What a nice event :clap:

Weather played along nicely .... though the later riders probably reached the 30's ....

Stiff little breeze on the way back.

@MORNE was good to see you out there.  You were dropping a lot of roadies on your MTB .... 

WL-12.jpg.f2b92793a5c93a364c14a944df445820.jpg

WL-19.jpg.7c03d946cc798792b9bee84e274ab67e.jpg

WL-22.jpg.704f578aa12d9a397f28cdfc238e0ff4.jpg

WL-23.jpg.b63f38e3125318b9f71843c76813df1f.jpg

WL-26.jpg.86552d75ee6f7c4b979b007f3b31526b.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

@MORNE was good to see you out there.  You were dropping a lot of roadies on your MTB .... 

if only...I was on my 50c gravel/monstercross bike, but same difference when chasing down racing snakes I guess haha.

I had a good ride too. My fastest 100km to date for sure. Watch said 3:35 (starting from J) but i'll wait and see what the actual timing says. Hauling a 16kg enduro bike up and down mountains obviously counts towards fitness too. 

Miffed though. I lost a bottle (my only one left filled with water) at around 75km....basically a km or so after the water station....so had to firstly take it slower while pulling AMPs....and then actually had to stop at the next water station to fill up. So defo lost some time on that. Anyway, still happy. 

16 hours ago, throttles said:

Nice race today, pity about the wind 😬

71BBE55C-5F60-42CE-8FC0-760DF9A29703.jpeg

C61B6D8D-044C-4691-9AE8-EE4820076B80.jpeg

26EB8566-5700-40C6-86ED-76FA66D1EC67.jpeg

That’s me in the light blue shirt at the back. I saw you taking the selfie and probably a km afterwards I was dropped like a rock. Bonked so hard I thought of taking a nap on the shoulder of the guy next to me.