2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

Is there anyone that know how muddy Steyn City trails get after the rain or been there recently to see what the state is at the moment?

Edited by TheoG

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Loooonnnngggg term prediction 

6771C2DF-7393-44DD-82F5-F072732C0645.png

Prevailing winds.

With the NW, it’s not as strong as when it’s more NE.

Which app is that?

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Prevailing winds.

With the NW, it’s not as strong as when it’s more NE.

Which app is that?

image.png.822fe92b786f766d4af7e7af2d5921ee.png

2 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Epic ride weather.

Its one of the few apps I use so often and find so useful that I bought the full version.

I was at my preferred bike fitter earlier today and he showed me the same thing they use for their pre-race prep. 

Good afternoon,

Has anyone received info regarding number collection/ seeding for Saturday/ Sunday MTB race?

Edited by Gadgets
Spelling

Just now, Gadgets said:

Good afternoon,

Has anyone received info regarding number collection/ seeding for Saturday/ Sunday MTB race?

Yes I got my seeding and number collection instructions yesterday.

3 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Yes I got my seeding and number collection instructions yesterday.

Thanks, I am still waiting. Where is number collection if I may ask?

Just now, Gadgets said:

It was per email:

NUMBER COLLECTION 

Venue: 
The Polo Field at Steyn City. Access via Cedar Road gatehouse only. Click here to view the map. 

Number Collection Dates and times: 
• Friday, 11 November, 09:00 – 17:00 
• Saturday, 12 November, 05h45 – 10:30 
• Sunday, 13 November, 05h45 – 09:00 

You will receive a WhatsApp with the link to your QR code. Please present this QR code at the Cedar Road Gate entrance for instant access to Steyn City. Follow the arrows to the collection venue and collect your race number.

Mountain bikers, if you already have a SAS race board, you need not go to pre-registration on Friday. You can show up on the morning of your race on Saturday or Sunday, scan your board to see if it works and race! If you don’t have a SAS board yet and you need to pick up your number board, you are welcome to come to pre-registration on Friday. However, you can also register on the morning before your race and pick up your board then - it’s up to you. Please note: All mountain bikers will receive a virtual goody bag after your race, so there is no goody bag to be collected at registration.

KIDS: Parents, you need to collect your child’s goody bag and race number on Friday or before your child’s race on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, TheoG said:

It was per email:

NUMBER COLLECTION 

Venue: 
The Polo Field at Steyn City. Access via Cedar Road gatehouse only. Click here to view the map. 

Number Collection Dates and times: 
• Friday, 11 November, 09:00 – 17:00 
• Saturday, 12 November, 05h45 – 10:30 
• Sunday, 13 November, 05h45 – 09:00 

You will receive a WhatsApp with the link to your QR code. Please present this QR code at the Cedar Road Gate entrance for instant access to Steyn City. Follow the arrows to the collection venue and collect your race number.

Mountain bikers, if you already have a SAS race board, you need not go to pre-registration on Friday. You can show up on the morning of your race on Saturday or Sunday, scan your board to see if it works and race! If you don’t have a SAS board yet and you need to pick up your number board, you are welcome to come to pre-registration on Friday. However, you can also register on the morning before your race and pick up your board then - it’s up to you. Please note: All mountain bikers will receive a virtual goody bag after your race, so there is no goody bag to be collected at registration.

KIDS: Parents, you need to collect your child’s goody bag and race number on Friday or before your child’s race on Saturday.

Much appreciated. Now I also have an idea of what is happening, thank you.

Just now, Gadgets said:

Much appreciated. Now I also have an idea of what is happening, thank you.

I can send you the race info brochure (pdf) via email also?  Send me a PM with your email address if you want it.

21 minutes ago, Gadgets said:

check your junk mail folder, very often these land up there.

3 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

check your junk mail folder, very often these land up there.

Thank you, I will check.

I need to make my way to Auckland Park after the race and was thinking of just riding back there. Does anyone know if Nasrec road past Riverlea then crossing Main reef road will be possible for me to use. (it's  part of the route so not sure if I'll be able to get back after I finish at around 11am)