2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

51 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Nope.
Going forward (hopefully) you won't have to collect **** from **** venues hundreds of miles away.  You just use your permanent number and off you go.  

Saving hundreds of rands not going to do "number collections" will be the winning formula.

I saw yesterday you have to take your board with to the expo to be scanned. So there's that out the window, so I have to take the board off my bike to be scanned and then have to fit it again afterwards. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 cable ties aint a crisis, but I do agree that an online system could be put to better use

13 minutes ago, JacoG said:

I saw yesterday you have to take your board with to the expo to be scanned. So there's that out the window, so I have to take the board off my bike to be scanned and then have to fit it again afterwards. 

It is not compulsory, only if you want to test if your board is "working".  They "said" the same when we still used the Orange / Yellow Racetec Chips ...

20 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Well…not that I’m made of sugar…but…

4C7EF0F8-34AC-493F-8FE7-AB085C65234A.jpeg

Are you coming to the MTB or Road race?

That’s the MTB and Kiddies forecast.

Forecast for the road next weekend looks to be sunny, but anything can change between now and then

Since signing up to the 94,7 I have received spam calls daily - can some tell me if they to have this issues !!!!   I am pissed of my number is being sold off to harass me! 

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

Are you coming to the MTB or Road race?

MTB😎

3 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

That’s the MTB and Kiddies forecast.

Forecast for the road next weekend looks to be sunny, but anything can change between now and then

Hope you’re right, today was a bit of a…slog. 

15 hours ago, ACM said:

Anyone that did the race today… how is the trails? Very Muddy?

Whatever wasn’t muddy yesterday sure is now. Seattle Coffee and Nedbank Golf Challenge for me, good luck all 

“Good morning 

The 1st batch Start for Virgin Active 947 Ride Joburg is delayed by an hour due to lightning and flooding risk. Safety personnel to reassess at 7:30 and communicate again.

All participants should stay in vehicles and all staff to stay under marquee tents.

Team Ride Joburg”

Hard pass for me

Edited by Sandro