MyWhoosh - free to use

Dexter-morgan

On 6/9/2023 at 1:24 PM, ChrisF said:

Just between the two us .... please dont tell anybody else ....

.... When the time comes I may just end with a fruit-bowl in the pain cave .....

The natural order of the universe have been restored ....

Apples should be eaten.

Got a new PC for the mancave :thumbup:  WOW !!  The boot-up is now measured on a stopwatch, not a calander.  More details in the Zwift graphics.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/9/2023 at 1:34 PM, Frosty said:

It showed up that my windows laptop (work) isn’t compatible.

11th-Gen i7, 16GB ram, could be the graphic card.IMG_1387.png.b9b4e1233d57e2a26823dda0c0399a22.png

MyWoosh works fine on an i3 13th Gen, 8GB, and onboard graphics.

Sure it buffers a bit at start-up, then on the auto setting it adjusts the game graphics and it works fine.

I do find a distinct different (increase) in "ride resistance" on MyWoosh as compared to Zwift.

Just a pity they dont have export to Garmin as an option.  Their tech team replied that they are working on this, but I might try transfering the fit file yada yada .... nahhhh, will stay with Zwift until they offer a workable platform

• 1 month later...

My attempts at MyWhoosh were not great.

Brand new notebooks, each with 8GB of ram are unsuitable... Probably owing to the 8GB, being the minimum and the GPU's probably not up to scratch. That MyWhoosh says that 64GB of ram is ideal should have been enough to make me think again.

Anyway, the install sucked. I needed DirectX and Vcredit to be installed to not throw DLL errors - not seen one of those for a while... thanks for the trip down memory lane... You'd think this could be validated as part of the install?

Then, the 3gb download ballooned to 16gb... but hey, it's free... can't complain, right?

Then I tried to run it, and I was a bit downcast that workouts had to be created from scratch with no import capabilities currently. 

When it finally opened up, I was able to connect all the goodies and then the display slowed to a light spin, then some unclipping, then to a stagger to finally halt completely, and instead of fps, it was more like frames/min....

So while it's free, it goes to show that sometimes things are worth what I pay—nothing.

It must be working for some of you reading this, and that's good. Perhaps I'll revisit it at some point when I have a new computer that has better specs. Until then, I'm riding outside. Or on Zwift if I must

On 8/24/2023 at 12:03 PM, ChrisF said:

MyWoosh works fine on an i3 13th Gen, 8GB, and onboard graphics.

Sure it buffers a bit at start-up, then on the auto setting it adjusts the game graphics and it works fine.

I do find a distinct different (increase) in "ride resistance" on MyWoosh as compared to Zwift.

Just a pity they dont have export to Garmin as an option.  Their tech team replied that they are working on this, but I might try transfering the fit file yada yada .... nahhhh, will stay with Zwift until they offer a workable platform

Why not just record on your garmin at the same time.  I do this for all indoor rides and upload for discovery.  Indoor ride mode with trainer set as a power meter and not controllable trainer.  Mywoosh/Zwift/etc control the trainer, garmin just records the info

3 hours ago, shaper said:

Why not just record on your garmin at the same time.  I do this for all indoor rides and upload for discovery.  Indoor ride mode with trainer set as a power meter and not controllable trainer.  Mywoosh/Zwift/etc control the trainer, garmin just records the info

I need to figure out how to .... 🙈

Wheel off trainer, Kickr Core.

Not sure how to record more than heart rate and possibly cadence onto my Garmin watch or 530 computer.

If it had a wheel I could have used the speed sensor on the wheel.

EDIT - I see there is a lot about this on the web ....  Ant+ link to a Garmin device to record the ride.

Edited by ChrisF

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

I need to figure out how to .... 🙈

Wheel off trainer, Kickr Core.

Not sure how to record more than heart rate and possibly cadence onto my Garmin watch or 530 computer.

If it had a wheel I could have used the speed sensor on the wheel.

EDIT - I see there is a lot about this on the web ....  Ant+ link to a Garmin device to record the ride.

I was replying and saw your edit on Ant+... you got there before I did.

You can use the Wahoo mobile app too. Pair all your devices, and it will give you speed, distance, cadence and power from the trainer. Extras like heart rate would require having a HRM capable of pairing with your phone. I’ve used this to add resistance to the trainer (levels/resistance) and on the odd occasion I’ve used ERG (recovery intervals between the hard stuff).

Here’s an easy tempo ride, from June.

IMG_0237.jpeg.935c4736bc952b3d0b240d69caa6dfed.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Update - I recently reached out to MyWoosh, again.  Linking activities to GarminConnect is still on their back-burner.

So last night I took a leap of faith and decided to give myWhoosh a go! Sjo...17Gb download - but all cool. I have enough bandwidth. I know I only did one ride, but I must admit I was thoroughly impressed. First impressions last..right?

System: i7 (9700), 32Gb Memory, RTX 2060 Super. I selected a flat course 2x laps (Alula 16km per lap, only 54m ascent). Wahoo Kickr v5. 

What I liked:

Set all graphics to ultra (highest). I got VERY smooth graphics, running at 30fps 99% of the time. Very short pauses about twice in my ride but hardly even noticed. 

Graphics quality is GREAT. Perhaps not entirely at the level of Zwift - but darn close in my view. 

Screen layout very useful and informative. All telemetry present AND it shows avg speed of my ride (after 50 years, Zwift still does not show this)  

I linked ride to Strava - no issue. Not worried about Garmin Connect as my watch alos records and uploads to Garmin

What I didn't like:

Nothing much really!

The telemetry between my Garmin and PC very different. It was a flat course and although I expect downhills to cause Garmin/MyWhoosh to be different, I did not expect it to be that much. After 30km my Garmin was nearly 4kms behind. Garmin showed 26km, MyWhoosh 30km. Not too worried as time in saddle is all that really counts. 

Very rapid changes when it comes to inclines/declines. I find Zwift more gradual, where MyWhoosh seems to change gradient and speed instantaneously.  Not realistic. 

I will definitely use MyWhoos again! And it is FREE!!! Bye bye Zwift!! 

Edited by pedal menace

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Update - I recently reached out to MyWoosh, again.  Linking activities to GarminConnect is still on their back-burner.

Record with your garmin at the same time, you can add your smart trainer as a power meter if not already done so,