[Event] Oak Valley 24hr MTB

Robert Le Brun

Event Name: Oak Valley 24hr MTB
When: 01/04/2023 - 02/04/2023
Where: , Grabouw, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

It is back, and better than before! 

🚵🏽‍♀️ WHAT: “Cyclooping” 

~ v. The art of cycling the best 12km Cross country trails Oak Valley has to offer, as many times as you can in 24, 12 or 6hours

👨‍👩‍👦 WHO: Ride solo or as a team and see how many loops you can do.

🎪 OTHER: There will be an exciting Spectatorzone with wine from Oak Valley and cider from Loxtonia and much more to make it as fun a day out for the supporters as it is for the riders.

The Riders will have a special Riders zone where they can relax, eat and reload to keep going and Rider Support zone where support crew can help setup a team specific aid station, almost like that of an F1 Pit crew!

🏡 WHERE: Oak Valley Wine Estate, Elgin.

✍️ ENTER HERE >>> 

click the below link

(or https://www.nfnf.co.za/homepage/racesw)

Go to Event Page.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to ignore this event, yet here I am.

I've said never again about 10 times to this event. I've retired 3 times. But maybe there is one more race in me? Such a lekker event!

48 minutes ago, Velouria said:

I've been trying to ignore this event, yet here I am.

I've said never again about 10 times to this event. I've retired 3 times. But maybe there is one more race in me? Such a lekker event!

I was just reading your winning race report last night, did you know we were about to be hit so hard with COVID? Could you not have wished for something else instead? 🤪😅

1 hour ago, milky4130 said:

I was just reading your winning race report last night, did you know we were about to be hit so hard with COVID? Could you not have wished for something else instead? 🤪😅

I gave the gods options! I'm quite sure I also begged for a natural disaster in Grabouw. 

Perhaps I should lean into this special ability - any requests? Lotto numbers? SA to win the rugby world cup?

4 minutes ago, Velouria said:

I gave the gods options! I'm quite sure I also begged for a natural disaster in Grabouw. 

Perhaps I should lean into this special ability - any requests? Lotto numbers? SA to win the rugby world cup?

5w/kg FTP please, thanks you the best!

5 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

5w/kg FTP please, thanks you the best!

So for you that's like an FTP of 400w? We should probably just plug you into the grid and help ease the load shedding...

3 minutes ago, Velouria said:

So for you that's like an FTP of 400w? We should probably just plug you into the grid and help ease the load shedding...

Thank you for thinking I weigh that little after Christmas 😂🤪

EDIT: That said... I'll take it as long as it will stay there even if I start weighing less 😈

Edited by WaldoZ

5 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

Thank you for thinking I weigh that little after Christmas 😂🤪

EDIT: That said... I'll take it as long as it will stay there even if I start weighing less 😈

I thought writing 450w might be rude! ;)

My weight went up over Christmas WHILE my power went down. And now neither want to budge!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick one....Heard a little birdie tweet that the event might be cancelled due to not enough entries?

planning on entering soon, so just want to check if its worth entering?

On 1/27/2023 at 10:20 AM, DieselnDust said:

Much better date actually. It’s cooler in April

might be enough time to motivate me to get on the bike again and aim for an event !