XCADEY Power Meter

TheoG

51 minutes ago, Jbr said:

do they also come with a setting to correct the readings like Xcadey ? I think that is brilliant because let's face it, not often two power meters read the same, and when you train on different bikes it's nice to have some consistency.... I set my Xcadey to report 95% of what it reads... First time I did 5mins intervals on it I smashed my PB numbers 🤣

Jup, can increase and decrease the readings via the app👍🏻

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TimRusso said:

Jup, can increase and decrease the readings via the app👍🏻

Pretty awesome, all PM should have that setting, even though it would be admitting they aren't really 1.5% accurate... but let's face it, even if they were, if your 1 unit reads -1.5 and the other +1.5, the 3% different is big at 400w

What I've seen on mine is that the Xcadey read +5.5% over my 4iiii, the 4iiii read pretty much the same as my Quarq.

I did a workout on my Kickr, measuring the differences between the 4iiii and the kickr, then the Xcadey and the Kickr. Differences went up to +8%!

My kickr seems to read very very low. I decided to stick to what my 4iiii / quarq read because I had 2years worth of data.

Before that I had a rotor that read more like the xcadey, some numbers I did 3 years ago I still haven't improved today... 🤣

Edited by Jbr

5 hours ago, Jbr said:

Pretty awesome, all PM should have that setting, even though it would be admitting they aren't really 1.5% accurate... but let's face it, even if they were, if your 1 unit reads -1.5 and the other +1.5, the 3% different is big at 400w

What I've seen on mine is that the Xcadey read +5.5% over my 4iiii, the 4iiii read pretty much the same as my Quarq.

I did a workout on my Kickr, measuring the differences between the 4iiii and the kickr, then the Xcadey and the Kickr. Differences went up to +8%!

My kickr seems to read very very low. I decided to stick to what my 4iiii / quarq read because I had 2years worth of data.

Before that I had a rotor that read more like the xcadey, some numbers I did 3 years ago I still haven't improved today... 🤣

12W at 400W isn't a big deal is its lost in the noise of heavy breathing, sweating and neighbourly cheers of encouragement

5 hours ago, Jbr said:

write it down to ageing ;)

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

12W at 400W isn't a big deal is its lost in the noise of heavy breathing, sweating and neighbourly cheers of encouragement

if I could improve my 5mins PB by 12w I can tell you it would be a big deal for me 🤣

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 7:10 AM, TheoG said:

Thanks André, but that doesn't help me much ... :) 

I'm pretty sure the unit is legit.  Will keep trying to contact them.

did you get your power meter sorted?

13 hours ago, Kom said:

did you get your power meter sorted?

No unfortunately not, they are ignoring me flat .... 😡

Hi 

the warranty process is great from black marlin distribution 

inform the store you purchased it from and they create a Whatsapp group directly with manufacturers and distributors to solve this issue 

39 minutes ago, BikesZA said:

Here a email for you juan@blackmarlinfast.com

I ordered it from a online store via AliExpress, not sure if Black Marlin would be able to help me in this case ?

Edit:  I submitted it on their website for what its worth, thanks for the help.

Edited by TheoG

Who is ignoring you?
as I just spoke to Juan and he doesn’t have a email from you .

if it’s via the website they closed till Wednesday.

if it’s a grey import  you might have to deal with who you bought it from .

16 minutes ago, Cycle Online Sales said:

Who is ignoring you?
as I just spoke to Juan and he doesn’t have a email from you .

if it’s via the website they closed till Wednesday.

if it’s a grey import  you might have to deal with who you bought it from .

The online web shop (Arancee via AliExpress) and XCadey in China is ignoring me ... 

Yah, I am starting to make peace with the fact that I wont get it sorted via a warranty claim ☹️.

Edit:  I just emailed Juan, didn't before, but as I said, I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by TheoG

On 1/11/2023 at 9:59 AM, TheoG said:

Yip, got a ref and followed up with multiple email and NO response .... ☹️😡

image.png.23421adf961b4d82c201277b6dd76738.png

Let's see what they say. I'm so far happy with the unit except that it showed 100% battery until it turned off yesterday 🤣 Now it's all charged up and working again, might not trust it too much and just recharge it every now and then, just like I recharge my Di2 before each race even if the LED is green

11 minutes ago, Jbr said:

image.png.23421adf961b4d82c201277b6dd76738.png

Let's see what they say. I'm so far happy with the unit except that it showed 100% battery until it turned off yesterday 🤣 Now it's all charged up and working again, might not trust it too much and just recharge it every now and then, just like I recharge my Di2 before each race even if the LED is green

just a question, is temperature drift a thing of the past on powermeters?

12 minutes ago, Jakkals. said:

just a question, is temperature drift a thing of the past on powermeters?

Think so, at least for that one they say it is compensated in the software :

in which the built-in intelligent temperature compensation algorithm can ensure to provide accurate power value for you any time in all kinds of weather.