[Event] Witfontein Enduro 2023

Christofison

8 hours ago, MORNE said:

Only problem is @Meezo told me how he almost died haha. 
But blind it will have to be, george isnt exactly 30min away. Might make a weekend of it.

We all know how mountain bikers exaggerate…🤣🤣🤣

”just ride it, you’ll be fine”

it’s definitely a weekend trip worth, plan an extra day for the “drug fix” . it hits you hard on your way back that you won’t ride anything like that in Cape Town…

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, rain the night before made it twice as gnarly as it usually is. Let's hope for a dry one this year.

Wednesday will be a public holiday. Take leave on Monday, Tuesday and check out the proper gnarly stuff that is too hectic to be included in the race.

10 minutes ago, Christofison said:

Last year, rain the night before made it twice as gnarly as it usually is. Let's hope for a dry one this year.

Wednesday will be a public holiday. Take leave on Monday, Tuesday and check out the proper gnarly stuff that is too hectic to be included in the race.

Are we riding the old trail from the cross again?

I love that little piece of heaven

7 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Are we riding the old trail from the cross again?

I love that little piece of heaven

Probably not but there's 3 new trails to make up for that, that are arguably more fun. The top half of that Cross trail is the only section that goes off forestry land into Cape Nature land. So that's a whole other land use application and they charge a crazy amount per rider, for like 90 seconds of descending.

12 hours ago, Christofison said:

Probably not but there's 3 new trails to make up for that, that are arguably more fun. The top half of that Cross trail is the only section that goes off forestry land into Cape Nature land. So that's a whole other land use application and they charge a crazy amount per rider, for like 90 seconds of descending.

Ah ok. What a pity. 

But I am itching to visit again this year to check out your yard once again.

12 hours ago, Christofison said:

On a scale of 0 - Gnar, how accessible will these be for us blind folk?😅 

Edited by MORNE

Jis I'm keen on doing this. Having a friend who recently moved to George means I'll get to see them as well. 

The Sunday race means I'll be getting home late, but I can get the wife or shotgun to drive a bit. Somerset West isn't that far. 

Pre-rife Saturday, race Sunday. Sounds like a great weekend. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Meezo said:

bummed to be missing the race this year... hoping to do another trip up late Oct or early Nov only...

enjoy @Jako De Wet it gonna be wicked!

Anything to watch out for, or just point and shoot?