Power Meter Market Disrupter Now Available In South Africa

News bot

As the quest to make power measurement for cycling more widely accessible continues, we’re seeing new brands entering the mix. Although not that new (launched in 2015) Sigeyi’s AXO power meter is making an impact on the discerning, committed cyclist market across, road, mountain bike, gravel and triathlon. It’s also now being distributed in South […]

View full article

Crazy that I was looking at their website literally 10 minutes before this popped up, anyone else that has used these and have any feedback?

i bought before they were in RSA, fantastic device. Lasted around 9000km before i needed to charge it again. a mate with an NGECO has replaced batteries numerous time.

Just bought a new bike and saving to put another sigeyi on. I would recommend looking at GPLama on youtube review as well. 

2 minutes ago, warrencharlesza said:

i bought before they were in RSA, fantastic device. Lasted around 9000km before i needed to charge it again. a mate with an NGECO has replaced batteries numerous time.

Just bought a new bike and saving to put another sigeyi on. I would recommend looking at GPLama on youtube review as well. 

Thanks Warren, will have a look.

29 minutes ago, warrencharlesza said:

At least with the NGECO one can replace the batteries. Unfortunately it appears as if much like XCADEY the SIGEYI has a internal sealed battery. Once it is depleted you might as well throw it away. But still good value for money ! 

50 minutes ago, warick_wrx said:

At least with the NGECO one can replace the batteries. Unfortunately it appears as if much like XCADEY the SIGEYI has a internal sealed battery. Once it is depleted you might as well throw it away. But still good value for money ! 

No different to Assioma pedals and no one complains or worries about battery replacement.  Whilst I prefer battery replacement (currently run stages and quarq). I would have no problem using one of these and am considering one potentially for a new build.

1 hour ago, warick_wrx said:

At least with the NGECO one can replace the batteries. Unfortunately it appears as if much like XCADEY the SIGEYI has an internal sealed battery. Once it is depleted you might as well throw it away. But still good value for money ! 

Ok they got that battery in there so it will come out with a bit of ingenuity. SRM and P2M NG use rechargeable sealed in batteries too but they can be opened and the battery replaced 

15 minutes ago, shaper said:

No different to Assioma pedals and no one complains or worries about battery replacement.  Whilst I prefer battery replacement (currently run stages and quarq). I would have no problem using one of these and am considering one potentially for a new build.

if I'm reading correct the battery is rechargeable. So, realistically, how long before that battery is toast ? If you're not running it dead all the time then it should be a number of years correct ? By that time there will most likely be something newer, "better", etc. around.

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Ok they got that battery in there so it will come out with a bit of ingenuity. SRM and P2M NG use rechargeable sealed in batteries too but they can be opened and the battery replaced 

You can draft a replacement guide for us. 😉

Just now, warick_wrx said:

You can draft a replacement guide for us. 😉

Send me one and I’ll get right on it, will throw in a full review for free too.

sram three bolt mount for 104BCD alst U blief

1 hour ago, warick_wrx said:

The battery will last a lot longer than the unit itself I imagine. Used mine for 4 months and charged it twice. 100 cycles gives me 16 years, can't imagine many planning for that much use out of a power meter! 

I have done 2000km on my gravel bike, got the xcadey second hand it showed 85% battery… after a few hundred km I charged it just to be safe… it’s the only time I’ve charged it yet. Surely at this rate (1 cycle every 2000km) the battery should hold a few years… let’s see

6 minutes ago, MaMc said:

The battery will last a lot longer than the unit itself I imagine. Used mine for 4 months and charged it twice. 100 cycles gives me 16 years, can't imagine many planning for that much use out of a power meter! 

3 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I have done 2000km on my gravel bike, got the xcadey second hand it showed 85% battery… after a few hundred km I charged it just to be safe… it’s the only time I’ve charged it yet. Surely at this rate (1 cycle every 2000km) the battery should hold a few years… let’s see

You okes are shafting me out of my free power meter here tjops….

not sure if i'm blind but struggling to find any info on accuracy?

Edited by Furbz