Gravel bike rental for Race to the Sun

mattrat

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

cycling friends in cape town

Only if OP is from Cape Town, this race starts in the North West Province of South Africa.

9 hours ago, mattrat said:

I’m based in JHB. Seems like there isn’t anything around though.

sorry, it double sucks

On 3/26/2023 at 6:18 PM, mattrat said:

My brother and I, both decent mountain bikers are doing the 100 miler at Race to the Sun. I’m just putting feelers out to see if anyone knows of gravel bike rentals for a weekend?

What mtb do you have. Wheel size 

Unless you are looking for a different experience, you’ll be just fine on a MTB. My brother and I did the race together a couple of years ago. I was on a gravel bike and he was on a dual suspension MTB and we rode together. 

1 hour ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Unless you are looking for a different experience, you’ll be just fine on a MTB. My brother and I did the race together a couple of years ago. I was on a gravel bike and he was on a dual suspension MTB and we rode together. 

Thanks, did it last year on a MTB.

6 hours ago, mattrat said:

29 2.3

Will be perfect for Race to the Sun. There was lots of loose sand and corrugation on last years route.

Gauteng gravel roads are not the same as in the western cape .Even on a MTB it is rough .IMO all the gravel sections will be faster on a mtb .Only the last section is 20km on tar.It can be done with a gravel bike ,but on corrugations and cornering a mtb is saver and faster