New garmin edge

Theunissa

3 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

OK, can somone plesae explain to me the "solar" gimmick. How long are you going to ride so that a fully charged battery won't last? No amateur weekend warrior that I know of.

Perhaps those Munga lunatics. 

Got a 530 just recently, so that'll have to last me until it dies.

I recently bought the Forerunner 955 Solar and the battery just seems to last forever. Occasionally, I plug it in to get it back to 100% charge (it takes less than an hour), but it's no longer something I have to think about daily as I did with my Apple Watch. I wear the Forerunner 24 hours a day. When I'm in the market for my next Edge, I'll certainly consider buying the solar option.

I've had so many Garmin's over the years that can't probably remember all of them.

Had 2 watches fail on me and they were replaced.

The Garmin Edge is probably bullet proof, however I think the worst unit is the Garmin 820, don't know anybody that has had 1 that didn't end up sending it back to Garmin at some stage, the screen is terrible and ends up getting lines across it.
Still think the Edge 500 and the 800 are the rock solid units, still know people using these units today.

Will be like cellphones, just can't keep up and the prices just increase also don't use all the fancy new features.

16 hours ago, Skubarra said:

More or less the same for me, I had 3 520s in 2 years and Im on my 2nd 530 in 1 year.

Then a few days ago someone told me Garmin Edges are bulletproof...

Top 30 Spit Out Coffee Laughing GIFs | Find the best GIF on ...

That said I really like my 2nd Garmin 530, I hope it keeps going for a little while longer

I get your frustration, but my 2011 Edge500 is still running fine. I use it most for a speed indicator. the rest of the data is collected on my Forerunner 935. Working well thank you.

33 minutes ago, LBKloppers said:

I get your frustration, but my 2011 Edge500 is still running fine. I use it most for a speed indicator. the rest of the data is collected on my Forerunner 935. Working well thank you.

My 500 was actually bulletproof - used it for many years, only issue was the plastic on the start button that perished from being used daily, instead of replacing the start button Garmin suggested exchanging it for a 520 at a very low price which was the start of a whole new adventure

1 hour ago, Cyclewizz said:

I've had so many Garmin's over the years that can't probably remember all of them.

Had 2 watches fail on me and they were replaced.

The Garmin Edge is probably bullet proof, however I think the worst unit is the Garmin 820, don't know anybody that has had 1 that didn't end up sending it back to Garmin at some stage, the screen is terrible and ends up getting lines across it.
Still think the Edge 500 and the 800 are the rock solid units, still know people using these units today.

Will be like cellphones, just can't keep up and the prices just increase also don't use all the fancy new features.

You now know me. 

No problems with mine.

I saw the ad, not excited. Most of the new stuff seem to be related to coaching programs and recommendations which usually from garmin isn’t great. I still really hate my 530 but it refuses to die. I actually hate it less now because for some reason some features that never worked before started working now. Go figure.

I don’t even mind that I have to charge it every 2nd day as I just plug it in in my garage with my rear light it’s part of the daily habits. The only frustrating thing is that it takes 30 secs to skip all the useless screens after saving an activity and that even turning it off and back on the next day doesn’t shortcut this 😜😜

Even the crash I had with it at tour du cap barely made a scratch on the screen…maybe that’s what fixed the bluetooth connectivity with Garmin connect 🤣 looks like I’m stuck with it for another couple of years!

Edited by Jbr