Help To Get 2 People Bikes

mikemgordon

Hi there

I am looking to help 2 people out. Unfortunately I don't have much to work with. The first is a boy of 14, about 1.68m tall. He needs a bicycle to get to a from school. About 8kms x 2 distance per day.

The second is a cleaner at work. Very diligent. Walks almost 2 hours to work every day and 2 hours back home. I thought to help him out with a bicycle would reduce the time spend getting to and from work.

I have been looking for 29ers but have either just missed it @about R1500 to R1800. 

I need help to find bikes. Maybe one this week and another by the end of the month.

I also thought maybe I can sell my bike and buy the bikes with that money. I have a Titan Nova 2018 29er medium frame. It is worth about R6500. I can sell it for R5000 and get two new Raleighs from Makro.

Can anyone help me find bikes? In the past I used to build up bikes to give away, but two were stolen during 2021 and 2022, so I do not have much left.

Thank you.

Mike

Doing a good deed there for your community . Dont try get 29s in that price range ( tyres alone are expensive ) Look at old school 26s with a 7 or more cassette block . ( spares are cheaper and bike is easier to tune in ) . I  recently bought a Axis 26 for R1300.00 for my garden executive . 

4 hours ago, FirstV8 said:

Doing a good deed there for your community . Dont try get 29s in that price range ( tyres alone are expensive ) Look at old school 26s with a 7 or more cassette block . ( spares are cheaper and bike is easier to tune in ) . I  recently bought a Axis 26 for R1300.00 for my garden executive . 

This

Would also look at an older 26er, or even a bmx, been riding one to and from classes for the year so far, works really well, and they absolutely bombproof. Bought mine for 2k, but its pretty well specced, can get one for quite a bit less

Hi there. I do appreciate the inputs. I've been looking on FB and taking the advice of the other gentlemen. I do not wish to ask money from anyone. 

I'm in Pretoria. I don't think I even mentioned that. 

I think maybe there are some folks with connections or know of where I can buy. 

Thank you SO SO MUCH!!