BOOK your Bike service and massages online with Entry

Go to Event Page.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all our supporters

We are excited to share with you, that the proceeds we have made with the 2022 MTB Festival has been so successful and already been given to the 5 Institutions (Schools and Homes) we support.

Each of the 5 institutions got R40 000. Ceres Home received an extra R12 000 specially raised for their Dementia and Alzheimer's ward. For that, we thank Ds. Jandre Viljoen and his team.

We did decide to distribute as much as possible to each institution equally 2022 and the year to come will be a difficult financial time for all and for these institutions that rely on Donations.  

Again, Many Thanks for Your Support!

With all of this said: It is time AGAIN to get our planning straight and fitness apps going………

Eselfontein MTB 2023 is happening 13-15 October and the Entries is open:

https://www.entryninja.com/events/79080-eselfontein-festival

Hope we will see you all

• 3 months later...

Enter now: https://www.entryninja.com/events/79080-eselfontein-festival

This year it will be Eselfontein’s 22nd annual MTB festival and, in true spirit, we are once again hosting an exciting 3 Day stage race and trail run, where funds will be raised and contributed to various charitable organisations such as our local old age homes AND schools.  The 2022 event has raised approximately R220 000 of which R212 000 was donated to the organisations. This is a family event and also CSA sanctioned. 

• 4 weeks later...

What a fantastic event !!  

An annual highlight for me and an event that provides mtb riding / trails of the highest caliber.  Testing indeed and natural for the most, with some stunning views and LOADS of single-track.  

Off the bike, the festival atmosphere and socializing in the camping area among current and new friends, give this event a truly unique status. 

Looking forward to yet another Eselsfontein weekend. 

Pity the price has increased as significantly as it has since the event was started. Its now double the original price. 

But that is the case with pretty much all events with the rising costs of service providers such as medics, time keepers, etc, when comparing to a couple of years ago.

This is a family run event, in aid of raising funds for the local community - they only last year had their first title sponsor, but as far as I understand not coming in with huge cash as for example the big corporate events.  

Still getting your accommodation free, and a lot of bang for your buck for a great weekend imo. 

Edited by Morne Veer
spelling error

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Johan1983 said:

Is this event still a go?

Not sure if the question is regarding possible damage to the trails or if it stems from elsewhere, but the event is surely proceeding, as I got my riders briefing info mail just a few days back.   I also have it on good accord that the trails in some areas did take a hammering, but the owners of the event, invested a lot of money, time and resources to repairs and rebuild where required. 

Edited by Morne Veer
spelling error (again)

Yes its because of possible damage to the trails. I want to enter but don't want another disappointment like Around the Pot and Karoo to Coast

6 minutes ago, Johan1983 said:

Yes its because of possible damage to the trails. I want to enter but don't want another disappointment like Around the Pot and Karoo to Coast

Push "Enter" when prompted .......trails should be bliss come Friday the 13th 

On 9/1/2023 at 11:33 AM, Headshot said:

Pity the price has increased as significantly as it has since the event was started. Its now double the original price. 

@Headshot 

I'll jump in here. according to my email, in 2019 it was R1200pp for the 3day. including free camping.

in 2022, it was R1500pp

in2023 it is now R2000pp. camping is still gratis

I'm not sure how far back you need to go to say it has doubled, but this is a CHARITY fundraising family run event. I challenge you to find better value elsewhere.

bit bleak i am busy as this is the best way to kick off summer, enjoy the dark forest peeps!

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

@Headshot 

I'll jump in here. according to my email, in 2019 it was R1200pp for the 3day. including free camping.

in 2022, it was R1500pp

I'm not sure how far back you need to go to say it has doubled, but this is a CHARITY fundraising family run event. I challenge you to find better value elsewhere.

bit bleak i am busy as this is the best way to kick off summer, enjoy the dark forest peeps!

Maybe not doubled but I was also a bit surprised by how much the event fees increased over the past few years.

Still the best value for money around and I guess a better business model than starting too expensive and then having to find ways to reduce fees and costs to survive.

Due to the heavy rains this year (again and again and again), we had a lot of work that was done to the tracks (again and again and again), but ESELFONTEIN is RACE READY !!

You might find 1 or 2 new turns, a new bump or two but we hope you enjoy the tracks as much as every other year !

We have extended our Entry closing date with 1 day. Online entries will close on 11 October 2023.

https://www.entryninja.com/events/79080-eselfontein-festival

On 10/4/2023 at 11:31 AM, Shebeen said:

@Headshot 

in 2022, it was R1500pp

You cannot find a better bang for buck race anywhere, great trails, great vibe its a no brainer. 

On 10/4/2023 at 11:31 AM, Shebeen said:

@Headshot 

in 2022, it was R1500pp

2017 it was R1000 for a team (free camping) and there was prize money. That was too cheap!

Still one of the best races of the year, proper trails and lekker vibes. Bleak to be missing this year.