Lanoy Sports down - Did I miss something

The Ouzo

30 minutes ago, dexterdent said:

Check @Furbz post history - the site was done for maintenance and you can PM them for orders - although this was in June.

I saw that and PM'd him earlier. Hopefully he will see it and respond.

Hi All,

yep our site is currently down.

With the Rand being so volatile and ours prices being tied to USD, EUR and AUD rates we are rehashing the site to ensure our quoted accurately reflect the cost of the bikes when importing.

unfortunately margins on bikes are so small that these fluctuations cause a real headache.

i also am of the opinion that a webpage should reflect the correct price so that customers can make informed decisions on our offerings.

if you are looking for anything please do not hesitate to PM me and we will help you out!

1 hour ago, Furbz said:

Hi All,

yep our site is currently down.

With the Rand being so volatile and ours prices being tied to USD, EUR and AUD rates we are rehashing the site to ensure our quoted accurately reflect the cost of the bikes when importing.

unfortunately margins on bikes are so small that these fluctuations cause a real headache.

i also am of the opinion that a webpage should reflect the correct price so that customers can make informed decisions on our offerings.

if you are looking for anything please do not hesitate to PM me and we will help you out!

Why not make it a price on application?

16 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Why not make it a price on application?

mainly my own personal buying habits.

if i am searching for something and come to a site that says POA. i often close that site and search for one that actually has a listed price.

it also reduces the query numbers dramatically, we often got enquiries about a R200k plus bike for a customer who has a R60k budget. That happens more often than you can imagine with POA.

Edited by Furbz

20 minutes ago, Furbz said:

mainly my own personal buying habits.

if i am searching for something and come to a site that says POA. i often close that site and search for one that actually has a listed price.

it also reduces the query numbers dramatically, we often got enquiries about a R200k plus bike for a customer who has a R60k budget. That happens more often than you can imagine with POA.

In the motor industry, even if the price is listed you get the same situations. Very often.