Future of SA road cycling

Net800m

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

@Frosty THANKS for all your valued input regarding CSA and events.

With the number of events I do through the year .... and the schlep of standing in line with a R50 note at some of the events .... I have made my CSA donation for the next 12 months :thumbup:

For those following this from a distance .... I can confirm:

1. Annual membership (NOT a racing license) is R250

2. Valid for 365 days from the day you pay

3. The registration process do ask what club you belong to.  As a TBMTB member this was not an issue, not sure what happens if you are not a member ....

4.  R25 affiliation fee Cape Metropole

5. Got an email a few minutes later with my CSA ID number .... note to self, keep that handy...

pretty efficient system

The administrator of the club selected will get a notification to approve/decline the person applying. It's as simple as clicking on yes or no. Haven't done it since January, so a little rusty.

31 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

And the learning curve starts .... :whistling:

What is this :

As per CSA Rule's for 2023, you will be required to produce your valid CSA Licence or Provincial Affiliation at registration; or you will purchase an Event License.

Will a screen shot on my phone be okay, or what am I expected to have with me at registration ?

As HdB has said, the app works best. A screenshot of the licence should be sufficient. The Tannies/Oompies at number collection usually have their laptop with a list of "racing licence" riders to be able to check. I've never, ever, been asked to show Membership as this is usually done when entering.

edit: Ironic that the app doesn't show up on my upgraded device (iOS 17.0.3 on iPhone 13). So I'm limited to using their website to see all details.
image.png.0d99fd5d7271c7cf3b153aff860a84d2.png

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

edit: Ironic that the app doesn't show up on my upgraded device (iOS 17.0.3 on iPhone 13). So I'm limited to using their website to see all details.

Also cant find this app on Android.

Will just go the screenshot route.

The app is called Cycling SA Events.

But: I note that you are indeed all correct, that it is not in the app store anymore.  Mine however is still working 🤪

Edited by Johan A Marais
Update

19 hours ago, Frosty said:

The administrator of the club selected will get a notification to approve/decline the person applying. It's as simple as clicking on yes or no. Haven't done it since January, so a little rusty.

As HdB has said, the app works best. A screenshot of the licence should be sufficient. The Tannies/Oompies at number collection usually have their laptop with a list of "racing licence" riders to be able to check. I've never, ever, been asked to show Membership as this is usually done when entering.

Things must be a bit different up north, here in the Western & Southern Cape CSA is very diligent on this. I regularly have to give proof of my annual license, even on the kerkbasaar type of races

13 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Things must be a bit different up north, here in the Western & Southern Cape CSA is very diligent on this. I regularly have to give proof of my annual license, even on the kerkbasaar type of races

What format do you use to give proof ?

Would a screen shot on your phone and/or CSA number be okay ?

10 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

They usually look you up on the system with their laptop, just keep your membership number on your phone in case there is an issue.

3 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Must be a coastal thing, as Durban races (both of them) are also slightly different to Howteng

Saw this:

Dear Cycling SA Member,

Kindly note that the Cycling SA App (Membership & Licensing Portal) will permanently be removed from the Google Play and App Store on 11th August 2023.

Please note that the membership portal will still be available via a web browser, therefore, as from 12 August 2023, members will only be able to access the membership portal via https://www.cyclingsa-events.co.za/app_v2/.

28 minutes ago, Zeffer said:

Saw this:

Dear Cycling SA Member,

Kindly note that the Cycling SA App (Membership & Licensing Portal) will permanently be removed from the Google Play and App Store on 11th August 2023.

Please note that the membership portal will still be available via a web browser, therefore, as from 12 August 2023, members will only be able to access the membership portal via https://www.cyclingsa-events.co.za/app_v2/.

The CSA homepage needs an update then:

image.png

I suppose it all still works on your phone's browser 😉

Apps aren't cheap to make and maintain. Hopefully saves some money for better things.

21 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Thought I answered this but seems my phone didnt post..

They look up your number on the database, usually they just need your name. If you have your CSA number that might be useful.

• 6 months later...

THANKS @Frosty

Saw again on Saturday just how much easier the registration process is once registered with CSA.

Got to the table, got my number, called up a screenshot on my phone with my CSA number and I was SORTED.

Almost felt sorry for those that had to join the CSA line .... :P

And at R60 per day license it soon pays for itself.

It’s been like that for many years… <5 events is cheaper to not get a membership. Gauteng races have the day membership available as part of the online entry process, but requires some form of honesty.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

It’s been like that for many years… <5 events is cheaper to not get a membership. Gauteng races have the day membership available as part of the online entry process, but requires some form of honesty.

No honesty required in the WC, your CSA number is rigorously checked at every single funride, even the kerkbasaar race in the platteland.