How to get broken trainer fixed?

Vaultboy

I've got a Tacx Flux S direct drive trainer. 21 months old (so out of warranty).  Bought from Cycle Lab.

Only done about 3000km. Earlier this week it just went completely dead. no lights flashing anymore; can't connect.

Any advice on where to take it to get assessed and possibly fixed?

58 minutes ago, Vaultboy said:

I've got a Tacx Flux S direct drive trainer. 21 months old (so out of warranty).  Bought from Cycle Lab.

Only done about 3000km. Earlier this week it just went completely dead. no lights flashing anymore; can't connect.

Any advice on where to take it to get assessed and possibly fixed?

Tacx got bought by Garmin so it will have a proper warranty. maybe call Garmin locally

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 7:11 PM, warrencharlesza said:

Tacx got bought by Garmin so it will have a proper warranty. maybe call Garmin locally

Thanks Warren. Did just that. Prompt response and super helpful. Shipped the trainer up to Garmin JHB, currently waiting for assessment and verdict. Cycle Lab was surprised though - not something that's happened to a Flux S before, apparently, so I hope for the best. 

I had a Tacx Flow with the same issue. Evobikes sent it to Garmin and they told me the normal turnaround time is 7-10 days. To my surprise I received a completely new unit from Garmin as it happened within the 2 year warranty. Good luck with it !

• 3 weeks later...

My Tacx Flux S recently died after a year of use. It was still under warranty so fortunately got given a new one through cycle lab after garmin confirmed it couldn’t be fixed. The frustrating part - after just ONE ride with the new unit, it has also died on me. Extremely frustrating! Anyone else have issues with the Flux S? 
I run other devices (printer and WiFi) from the same plug and have never had issues with those devices, so can only conclude that the fault is with the trainer.