Classifieds search filters not working

440MTB

Hi there all!

I noticed, from around Sunday, whenever I try and filter anything (For example: Under Dual Sus MTBs, I select Frame Size: Large, Wheel Size 29", Riding Style: Trail/Enduro"), it doesn't work. It shows all frame sizes, wheel sizes, etc.

I've tried different browsers, and computers, and I'm experiencing the same thing.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue?

Cheers!

Hi all,

Apologies for this! We're working on a fix furiously.

Yesterday morning we released some updates to the search feature. Some big improvements under the hood, but with it came some gremlins around filtering and sorting that we somehow missed in testing. 

Also saw this, but on the positive side, spelling does not have to be 100% anymore. I think this is a very positive step !

Previously some ads were excluded in the search because the seller misspelled the name of the product.

I see these are now included.👍

15 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

Also saw this, but on the positive side, spelling does not have to be 100% anymore. I think this is a very positive step !

Previously some ads were excluded in the search because the seller misspelled the name of the product.

I see these are now included.👍

Well spotted. 

Yes, the foundations of the change (that will soon be free of bugs) is a smarter search engine that will correct minor misspellings and better match text based search. 

e.g. previously a search of "Large MTB" would yield very few results as it was searching for that literal phrase in an advert title. 

Now the search "knows" that MTB = mountain bike and to search in the mountain bike category. 

Edit: But first we need to fix the mess we made!

11 minutes ago, Barry said:

Now i don't need to search SCRAM as a separate item from SRAM. 

Exactly! Just don't try filter it by size today 🫣

Thank you everyone for your patience and good humour.

We've just pushed a number of fixes that are now live. I hope it sorts out most of the complaints.

If you spot anything out of order, please pop us a message here or through our support chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the sort broken again? Using the search in the classifieds searched for "GX" and there's random ads from 2 weeks ago then 3 hours then a week ago

11 hours ago, Meezo said:

Is the sort broken again? Using the search in the classifieds searched for "GX" and there's random ads from 2 weeks ago then 3 hours then a week ago

I don't think it's broken.

Searches are now ranked by a number of factors around relevancy to the search term, not by the date that the advert was posted. If all the results that matched were simply displayed in most recent order, then the relevancy would be somewhat randomised.

In the case of "GX", it's a very broad search term if not narrowed down by a category or filter. You're going to get every mountain bike with a GX component as well as the actual components section.

That said, the new search does still need some fine tuning.

You can sort the results by "Most Recent" if you prefer that view:

image.png