[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour

Abby.F

Event Name: Cape Town Cycle Tour
When: 10/03/2024
Where: Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, Western Cape
Category: Road

The 46th Cape Town Cycle Tour will be held on Sunday, 10 March 2024. The 42km route is back, for riders wanting to test the waters in cycling's biggest festival day, alongside the classic round-the-peninsula 109km. The Cycle Tour began life as a way to show a spotlight on cycling safety and mobility, but quickly became a race, and to this day the elites regard it as the most important win of the South African season. The men race over the full 109km route that has been used, virtually unchanged, since 1978, while the women and U17 men race the final 78km of it, starting in Fish Hoek at dawn and finishing without the interference of the other plenty-of-thousand riding the full route. 

But it isn't all about the racing - far from it! The second Sunday in March has become everyone's favourite two-wheeled party, with closed roads making for a supremely safe day out on the bike. It also raises huge amounts for charity, with its main beneficiaries, the Pedal Power Association and the Rotary Club of Claremont, using surplus proceeds for safe-cycling initiatives and to uplift many of the communities through which the Cycle Tour passes. The scenery on the route is world-famous - tourists travel from across the world to glimpse what the riders see from your saddle - and the crowds lining the route making every finisher feel like a winner.

Go to Event Page.

• 3 months later...

has anyone entered? i was listening to the radio today , lots of adverts urging people to enter before the end of January 

13 minutes ago, The itch said:

has anyone entered? i was listening to the radio today , lots of adverts urging people to enter before the end of January 

It'll get extended because of the huge demand 😏

I haven't entered yet as I'm not sure how well I'll be able to stick to a training plan with a 2-month-old newborn. My current fitness is not quite enough. I do feel bad for the organisers; I think many people like myself are going to enter but are just waiting for certain confirmations.  

30 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I entered so long ago, the interest earned on my entry fee could probably pay for another entry :) 

You and me both.

Normally I enter the week before an event ... way to easy to find an excuse then to bail out.

This time round I entered EARLY.

My humble suggestion ... forget about price brackets.  Just apply a cut off date to entry for seeding.  Enter after that date, start in the last group.