Your 2024 cycling calendar

ChrisF

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will start my year with an Attakwas on my Rapide Tigre.  And probably some local races later in the year, like the Kelrn MTB Classic and the Witteput MTB Challenge.

2 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

It all depends on finances.

The 2 that WILL be done are CTCT and 947

2 that I would like to do given finances would be Ride for Sight in Feb and either Kremetart or Parys outride in September.

Ride for sight has an early bird discount of R100 for today until Monday. Then it goes up to R550.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

I just picked up nutrition for the next couple of months from CycleLab. With their MyCycleLife vouchers I basically paid 50% less.

Are you sure it’s not fuel, as there’s nothing nutritious about gulping down vast amount of sugar. 

Just now, Frosty said:

Are you sure it’s not fuel, as there’s nothing nutritious about gulping down vast amount of sugar. 

ok technically fuel then. Some 32gi Race and some fast bars.

Just now, The Ouzo said:

ok technically fuel then. Some 32gi Race and some fast bars.

It’s a standing joke, from the mentor, in our group of coaches.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

oh and whilst not 2024, I thinking of attempting the Rapha 500 this year.

Yeah I’ll be thinking of you when Im chilling on my balcony cabin sailing in the middle of the Indian Ocean 😎 the last week of December.

Been a long season. Actually looking forward to just get off the bike for 2 weeks in the festive season. 

2 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Yeah I’ll be thinking of you when Im chilling on my balcony cabin sailing in the middle of the Indian Ocean 😎 the last week of December.

Been a long season. Actually looking forward to just get off the bike for 2 weeks in the festive season. 

first time in a long time that I've taken leave over that period and have no plans (yet) to go anywhere.

Right now the only day that is a no no for riding is 25th.

But I'm sure my wife will find someway of messing with my plan.

Right so I’ve had a ponder for next year. Nothing set in stone yet, but these are my preliminary races:

21 Jan - PPA Funride

28 Jan - Winelands Cycle Race

10 Feb - 99er Road race

25 Feb - Tour de PPA

10 Mar - Argus

1 Jun - Ronde van Riebeeck 50 miler

Jun - The Gallows

Aug - Old Hermon Gravel

31 Aug - Race to the Sea

Sep - Jar from Dirt Gravel 

Oct - Boland 100 Miler

Nov - One Tonner

2 hours ago, babse said:

My next is also my Ratel. Probably not 2024 🙃

I get a headache the minute I try think about atta logistics on my own. Def need to get a mate or 2 together to make it much easier. Still think the timing of the event is as good as it gets. November and December (longer warmer days) to get your sh*t in order. 

Yeah the logistics + entry fee + travel puts it on par with a stage race 😞 Can't afford to do it every year. Luckily this year I am in a group and we are sharing costs & logistics.

With you on the timing, December is the best possible training period for me. Why people choose long warm days when you are on holiday to take a break from cycling is beyond me😕 That is what the middle of winter is for.

10 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Yeah the logistics + entry fee + travel puts it on par with a stage race 😞 Can't afford to do it every year. Luckily this year I am in a group and we are sharing costs & logistics.

With you on the timing, December is the best possible training period for me. Why people choose long warm days when you are on holiday to take a break from cycling is beyond me😕 That is what the middle of winter is for.

eggzakery. summer days means you can get our earlier, do a nice long ride, and then still have plenty hours left to spend with fmaily.

5 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

I just picked up nutrition for the next couple of months from CycleLab. With their MyCycleLife vouchers I basically paid 50% less.

If you stick to half coke/half water and bananas you basically pay 99% less....

12 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

If you stick to half coke/half water and bananas you basically pay 99% less....

I'd also weigh alot less whilst leaving a slippery trail in my path.

bananas and my gut have a love hate relationship, they love to hate each other.