Is raphasouthafrica.co.za sketchy?

Bichael Dewing

Hoooowzit..

is this legit.? I heard rumors Rapha was going out of business but this seems crazy.. 

it says 15-30 days delivery so is it like drop shipping from the UK.?

anyone have some insights.? 

IMG_1991.png

Edited by Michael Dewing
Forgot the screenshot 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Brakepad said:

looks dodgy, website registrar in cz and ip location in Canada. registered for 4 months.
Prices are unreal, too good to be true ? who knows... let us know if you try

Waaay to good to be true, even for a liquidation sale but I can’t find anything confirming they are liquidating, just that they posted a large loss.. 

thanks mate, if it looks too good to be true, it generally is so I won’t be testing this😉

Edited by Michael Dewing

6 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Fake, Rapha is owned by the Walmart dinasty, last time they were looking to expand further in cycling with their private equity firm.

Nice, thanks dude.! 

I've noticed a lot of these fake sites lately, most recently was Giro South Africa dot co dot za or something. On Cloud have had a big problem with these pages too and have posted warnings on their social media. Always stuff in stock you can't get anywhere else with ridiculous discounts. Red flags seem to be: social media links that take you nowhere, sketchy grammar or typesetting in the shipping info and payment sections, and use of payment methods that aren't common for big companies.

12 minutes ago, binxc said:

I've noticed a lot of these fake sites lately, most recently was Giro South Africa dot co dot za or something. On Cloud have had a big problem with these pages too and have posted warnings on their social media. Always stuff in stock you can't get anywhere else with ridiculous discounts. Red flags seem to be: social media links that take you nowhere, sketchy grammar or typesetting in the shipping info and payment sections, and use of payment methods that aren't common for big companies.

Price was the first red flag and then also nothing was out of stock as you mentioned.. said to my wife that doesn’t seem right.. that’s crazy if the prices and store is legit.. 

Hi

Yes the Rapha South Africa is a fake site. We are working with Rapha in getting them down. Price is a major red flag.

You can purchase online at Rapha (kitapparel.cc) All stock in the country and will get to you within 3 days.  We [kit apparel] is the local distrubutor for Rapha in Southern Africa. 

You can also purchase from our retailers at Casquette in Rosebank or East City Cycles in Cape Town

Please feel free to reach out to info@kitapparel.cc or phone Rhone on 082 773 2056

Thanks  

Georg