Which High Pressure Shock Pump

Block

I need to pump my Rockshox Monarch rear shock damper side to a massive 350psi. My old faithful pump only goes to 210psi

Need some advice on the best high pressure pump to get thst wil handle the 350psi level.

https://ride.lezyne.com/products/1-mp-shkdr-v204

best price I can see locally if your are willing to wait for it a few days:

https://bike-addict.co.za/products/lezyne-y10-shock-drive-gauge-pump

otherwise, they sell for about R900 -1000 at cycle labs and sportmans. Probably worth it if you consider shipping too. If you have discovery, even better.

Goes to 400psi and is pretty accurate measured against my digital air pressure guage. 

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

... they sell for about R900 -1000 at cycle labs ...

Remember, Cyclelab offers Price Match so could possibly match the BA price.

Pump is not really the issue , your bigger problem is going to be to get that red adapter unscrewed from the shock body before big loss occurs 

Good luck 

Pump wise the rockshox 600 psi ones are quite good , just don't go for that generic digital one that every bloody brand on earth has gone and put their logo on 

10 hours ago, Block said:

I need to pump my Rockshox Monarch rear shock damper side to a massive 350psi. My old faithful pump only goes to 210psi

Need some advice on the best high pressure pump to get thst wil handle the 350psi level.

Have had a Rockshox Pump for a while now, would recommend ! 

Ryder is also nice but the tubing in the valve connector gave out within about 7 months. Keep in mind it is replaceable so not a lost cause !

The RockShox 600psi is the one to get because some of the shocks call for 500psi (RL, XX430 and some of the Ario shocks).

The problem I have with the RockShox pumps is that they do not supply hose replacements.  Keep the rubber well clear of oil and grease!  Clean hands before using and don't use the pump to reduce air can pressure. 

All of them except the Lezyne are made in the same factory, so pick whichever one matches your tool board's colour scheme. 

The RS 600psi one will be easier to get to 350psi because it has a thinner barrel, but otherwise they're all pretty much the same thing. 

The Fox and RS digital ones go to 350 as does the Fox analogue one. The Ryder ones have a bit of an awkward chuck. IIRC the RavX one does 400psi and has a 2 stage manual chuck with a pin that releases the valve manually, so it'll be easier to remove once inflated since you can close the valve and release pressure from the hose before screwing it off, which will save wear on the chuck and valve stem. If you can find one of these it'll be first prize. 

Gauge accuracy isn't really an issue as long is it gives consistent readings - it only becomes a problem if you're swapping between pumps. 

Edited by droo