How many miles on a bike?

NotSoBigBen

image.png.b8037ebe19ba8c212fdc7b19dd87f5fb.png

Currently only have the Giant and Focus MTB that I primarily use for gravel riding. For what its worth, the Giant has the original BB and headset. The Giant was repaired, had a break on the seat stays but now looks like new.

20 minutes ago, Jensie said:

image.png.b8037ebe19ba8c212fdc7b19dd87f5fb.png

Currently only have the Giant and Focus MTB that I primarily use for gravel riding. For what its worth, the Giant has the original BB and headset. The Giant was repaired, had a break on the seat stays but now looks like new.

Wow 😮

I guess none of my bikes are in any danger then 😜

On 1/15/2024 at 9:27 AM, Dazshell said:

Thought I would add this pic too to show howe lekker it looks!

Unknown-2.png

So today I thought well let's calculate the total of all my bikes (a moerse lot 🤐) together including the 'retired' ones and I don't even get close to that .... around 85 000 and that's in also a 'moerse' lot of years!

On 1/15/2024 at 9:27 AM, Dazshell said:

Thought I would add this pic too to show howe lekker it looks!

Unknown-2.png

My car's over 10 years old and even that's not close to that number 🤣 think if I had to estimate my total km's cycled it would probably be between 20 000-30 000km. No wonder i don't lose weight cause I've probably had a beer for every 10km. Which if I work it out is 20km per litre which makes me very economical at least 🤣

Did 57294 km on my Giant TCR over 11 years. 

Am seriously starting to run into compatibility problems so am on the look out for a replacement

On 1/17/2024 at 4:38 PM, Me rida my bicycle said:

My car's over 10 years old and even that's not close to that number 🤣 think if I had to estimate my total km's cycled it would probably be between 20 000-30 000km. No wonder i don't lose weight cause I've probably had a beer for every 10km. Which if I work it out is 20km per litre which makes me very economical at least 🤣

Jip, some of these guys clearly dont have a Bloemies or Conties trailhead .... 😛

image.png.cc673d8861e645817cb45f25241505c9.png

Almost 53K on my Giant XTC hardtail, big chunks of it were trails, but nowadays mostly easy commuting miles. And then almost 44K on my cheapie silverback roadbike, now just a backup bike but hanging on to it to convert to an indoor trainer at a later stage. 

Bergamont HT 6'429 km

Spez Camber 11'328 km and some change

Spez Evo 212 km

I have a ways to go it seems. And to think, this morning I saw I will be reaching 18'000km on Strava tomorrow morning and felt chuffed with myself.

I need to ride more. :whistling:

Edited by Robbie Stewart

4 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Bergamont HT 6'429 km

Spez Camber 11'328 km and some change

Spez Evo 212 km

I have a ways to go it seems. And to think, this morning I saw I will be reaching 18'000km on Strava tomorrow morning and felt chuffed with myself.

I need to ride more. :whistling:

Thank you Robbie.

At least you set an achievable goal for me .... 😛

34 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Thank you Robbie.

At least you set an achievable goal for me .... 😛

At least this thread proves I'm a mere mortal.