Should Doping cheats be banned for life?

Athena

Yes, they should recieve a lifetime ban?

OR

No they should be given a 2 year ban and allowed to race again?

Keep it simple..... yes OR no

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! .......but then doping needs to be clearly defined!! Take extra sprays of your athsma inhaler and you are in the ****?? How the hell does one account and control that?

In my lmited knowledge I would say the A class stuff involving transfusions, injection programs (EPO HGH...) should carry a life ban!!! 

evans on the subject:

"I'm happy the cheats are being caught, that our sport is really being cleaned up in a transparent way, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of other professions in the world," said Evans.
"What frustrates me most is the way people focus on the negative issues surrounding the federations, the UCI (International Cycling Union) and (the Tour's parent company) ASO.
"They're trying to do the right thing and they're being criticised for it."
Evans added: "I think it's very unfair. Our sport is trying to do the right thing and we're being crucified.
"What are they supposed to do? Let it all turn into a free-for-all like some sports who don't have any testing at all? Are we going to be complimented for that?"

Tongueshould be banned for life yes!!  should also be treated as a drug user....

Question:  isn't it possible to rather test the Tour riders before the tour .. or is this doping only done after the start, like the blood transfusions in the morning before a stage etc??

Is this not one of the major disputes of the cycling federations? There is that Passport Thing that the ICU are trying to introduce.

YES' date=' and sentenced to a term in jail.[/quote']

for fraud? or using unscheduled substances? are the products they use illegal in terms of general legislation (as in: not just in sport)?

YES' date=' and sentenced to a term in jail.[/quote']

for fraud? or using unscheduled substances? are the products they use illegal in terms of general legislation (as in: not just in sport)?

can't jail them, to jail would be because they are peddling drugs that cause harm to iothers and yourself, in the view that you can kill someone while driving around high on coke, or cause sexual offences ... only sexual offence they cause with EPO is sustained endurance burn ... hehehehe

naa, jail is not the right answer, cos they will just be reamed ... ban them and fine them, that way they ahve to do normal jobs and reaqlise that what they did was wrong and others will also learn ...

the drugs are perfomance enhancing and as such are illegal to the sport and not the general public ...  can't arrest me for using EPO ...?  not that i use it .. heehehe, but thats the point ... i am not pro and don't race