99er Cycle Tour 2024

K20Champ

Where would be the best place to find parking?
I'm not sure if 1000 cars descending into that marked parking spot is going to be going too well on race morning.
Parking anywhere else in Durbanville seems to be at risk of your car being broken into these days at races...

Gryphon-99er-Venue-and-Parking-Maps-02-scaled.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a business meeting in Malmesbury today, used the opportunity to do most of the 100km route.

Klipheuwel to Malmesbury - a section of roadworks, with a Stop-Go in place, during the week.  Trust this will be open on Saturday.  Long sections of NEW tar, not even painted yet.

Kalbaskraal to Philladeplhia - those that cycled here during the holidays must have seen a few potholes, mostly at farm entrances.  All newly tarred .... 👍

Even the mess where Occultdale joins Adderley has been newly tarred.  Just pass the bridge is one small hump in the road, pretty much to edge of the road.

All considered, looking a LOT better than my early January rides along these roads.

Getting excited for this event

36 minutes ago, Chingy182 said:

I'm not sure if 1000 cars descending into that marked parking spot is going to be going too well on race morning.
Parking anywhere else in Durbanville seems to be at risk of your car being broken into these days at races...

@KB280DT wat vra jy vir n VEILIGE parkeer area .... 😉

3 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

@KB280DT wat vra jy vir n VEILIGE parkeer area .... 😉

Yes Chris.

Soos genoem, ek sien die gemerkte parkeer area vir die event, maar ek wonder net of dit groot genoeg en of 1000 odd karre in 'n queue op Racecourse Rd gaan deur kom en nogsteeds betyds wees vir wegspring?

Dalk gewonder aan alternatiewe parkeer oplossings as iemand raad het.

Ek het al parkeer in 'n systraat in die residential area vir 'n vorige event in Durbanville en terug gekom met my kar wat ingebreek was.

41 minutes ago, Chingy182 said:

Parking problematic in Durbanville.

If you don't mind parking a bit further away then the parking garage in Village Square or even the DVille centre should be safe options.

Sad to see how slow the Timing (website is ancient to say the least) and seeding orginisors (receiving it a day or 2 before a race), not sure what's there reason for it. 

Edited by K20Champ

9 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Parking problematic in Durbanville.

If you don't mind parking a bit further away then the parking garage in Village Square or even the DVille centre should be safe options.

distance from the start?

1 hour ago, Chingy182 said:

Yes Chris.

Soos genoem, ek sien die gemerkte parkeer area vir die event, maar ek wonder net of dit groot genoeg en of 1000 odd karre in 'n queue op Racecourse Rd gaan deur kom en nogsteeds betyds wees vir wegspring?

Dalk gewonder aan alternatiewe parkeer oplossings as iemand raad het.

Ek het al parkeer in 'n systraat in die residential area vir 'n vorige event in Durbanville en terug gekom met my kar wat ingebreek was.

JIP .... ek onthou daai threads .... 

Ek trap maar die 7km na die begin punt

Well there they are, seeding emails just got sent out.

In D. I think I'll need to query that at registration - should be a bit higher. But I think there are a few different race timing services out there, not all sharing results.