Protein supplement recommendations

Sampaj

2 minutes ago, JayLow said:

A quick google search shows that this is a myth, it drops in the short term but normalises again in the long term. The levels in your body will be lower (because you are not supplementing), but your body will not stop making it.

Yeah the idea that something stops once you stop supplementing is crap.. your levels are just low, and that’s why you supplementing in the first place, to return them to normal levels.. 

test for example might be low and so you start supplementing and then 5 years/10 years later you stop and your levels are even lower than when you started and they blame the supplementing.. no it’s just the natural progression the levels were headed towards OVER 5/10 YEARS.. 🤦‍♂️

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

I'm keen to hear other opinions 

At the end of the day ( as a fucken diabetic in very good health ) 

I've learned nutrition is down to an individual , I've been on my current diet just under 2 months and doing spectacularly but I'm still going for s test to comb through micro details at the end of this month.

These 1 gram carb per kg things might work lekker for you guys but that **** will kill me.

Same as my current diet will probably kill some overweight people/ blood pressure issue people but it works fantastic for me.

AS LONG as people are healthy.

I thought about veganism for loooooooong ( not ethic , my health ) but I couldn't find anyway to do it with enough food and low enough carbs for me to go day to day.

I just hate when people try to force down their ideas upon someone 

Well that’s exactly it, we don’t know what everyone’s health status’s are and are not really qualified to be giving advice on this because everyone’s bodies will behave differently and process things differently.. 

it’s a difficult road.. fraught with liability issues.. 

I supplement, but I’ll never tell anyone to take what I’m taking.. go to your doctor or dietician.. do that **** properly🤙🏻

7 minutes ago, Pandatron said:

I just take trenbolone, its natural and grows in my cousins basement.....

Jokes aside, this thread has reminded me to start fixing my diet

I can’t say trenbolone without pronouncing it like that water-MALOONE meme.! 🤣🤣🤣

13 hours ago, JayLow said:

I only take whey protein and pure creatine monohydrate. These are two of the very few supplements with actual science backing its efficacy. My training load also isn't that high (only about 8 hours per week), so strictly speaking I don't need any supplementation if I eat a balanced diet. But I back the science of creatine and I enjoy snacking on protein shakes.

I try to solve for purity and price, and I've found that My Wellness has an 75% purity whey product for under R0.40/g protein. Then I try to look for 500g pure creatine monohydrate for around R300. 

Some more of my beliefs.

• Unless medically prescribed, most supplements have no benefit, apart from placebo.
  • Supplements should not take the place of the unsexy basics of consistently doing the right things (7+ hours sleep, balanced diet, community, strength, cardio, flexibility).

Very keen to hear other hubbers knowledge on this subject, I know very little.

Hear hear! No supplement regime can make up for a healthy, balanced diet, sufficient sleep and a non-sedentary lifestyle.

5 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Hear hear! No supplement regime can make up for a healthy, balanced diet, sufficient sleep and a non-sedentary lifestyle.

100%.! It’s in the name and definition..🤣🤣 they are for the purpose of supplementing a diet.. 

“Supplies what is needed or makes an addition..” 

You can’t out run a bad diet.

Protein may be the exception to the "healthy" diet for particularly active people or people trying to retain and/or build additional muscle mass.

It's pretty difficult, physically and financially, to get sufficient protein intake for these purposes without supplimentation....

Almost everythign else is more than easy to get from your more balanced diet :)

6 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Nutribullet some mince meat?

But why though? Cheaper to suppliment and significantly less fat intake.

Just now, Thermophage said:

But why though? Cheaper to suppliment and significantly less fat intake.

What if fat is something he likes to intake.?!🤷🏼‍♂️

Just now, Bichael Dewing said:

What if fat is something he likes to intake.?!🤷🏼‍♂️

Not many ppl get too little fat in their general diet :P

More NB...UNCOOKED blitzed up meat texture souunds amazing...

3 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

Not many ppl get too little fat in their general diet :P

More NB...UNCOOKED blitzed up meat texture souunds amazing...

Nothing sounds better than a meat smoothie on a hot summers day after exercising vigorously 💪🏼🥳🤙🏻

25 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Nothing sounds better than a meat smoothie on a hot summers day after exercising vigorously 💪🏼🥳🤙🏻

This reminds of when I learned that milk is a great alternative to sports drinks for endurance hydration.

image.png.ca08ac163510b9930a2e647bb3235055.png

Would not be lekker if the camelbak became sour on a hot day in the mountains...

Edited by JayLow
spacing to make it easier to read

5 hours ago, BaGearA said:

How much do you need extra daily ? 

Due to my diet now I'm on 3-5 eggs every morning at 5:30 and I only really get hungry around 13:30 again. Gets tons of protein , fats to help with vitamin absorption ( I take my vitamins in the morning ) 

15- 25 grams of protein give or take , I buy XL eggs from a local butcher 

AND you save a ton of moola 🤙