Reopen Koeberg Nature Reserve

sierrrd

At the main gate they pull you over and give you a visitor sticker. They ask if you have your ID and then you park a few 100 meters away, go through the breathalyzer test, into a small security office and they show you where to go.

I sat for about 10 minutes before I dropped my forms off and waited about 5 minutes to collect my form when collecting.

There were two other cyclists waiting for their photo to be taken for security purposes. I'm not sure how long that took as I was already on the system.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Maddog 7 said:

At the main gate they pull you over and give you a visitor sticker. They ask if you have your ID and then you park a few 100 meters away, go through the breathalyzer test, into a small security office and they show you where to go.

I sat for about 10 minutes before I dropped my forms off and waited about 5 minutes to collect my form when collecting.

There were two other cyclists waiting for their photo to be taken for security purposes. I'm not sure how long that took as I was already on the system.

Hope this helps.

Makes me wonder .....

How long do they keep photos on their system?  Been many years since I was onto the site, power generation side.

19 hours ago, Jbr said:

how was the wait at the gate to drop off the forms ? That's the main thing keeping me from going in the middle of a work day 

No waiting. You drop your forms at the security after you done your breathalyzer. 5 minutes in and out.

4 minutes ago, RustyHWR said:

No waiting. You drop your forms at the security after you done your breathalyzer. 5 minutes in and out.

Thanks, I'll go today, hopefully we can ride there in the weekend !

ok **** it, not going to waste my time further... turns out you also need a copy of your ID, not just the originals, and photo + form.

Hi all,

I am wanting to get a permit for Koeberg.

Where do I get application form for the permit, what days and times are the trials open and how much is the permit?

If anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated, thank you so much! 

2 hours ago, Courtneyvw said:

Hi all,

Where do I get application form for the permit, what days and times are the trials open and how much is the permit?

I suggest you scroll back on this thread, all the relevant info has been shared previously.

3 hours ago, Courtneyvw said:

Hi all,

DOC-20240306-WA0019..pdf there is no cost, you need to take a copy of your ID and a photo. When I went they were doing the processing week days between 2pm and 4pm.

1 hour ago, NC_lurker said:

I suggest you scroll back on this thread, all the relevant info has been shared previously.

Thanks. Someone helped me now. 

Thanks for the info everyone. Dropped my forms off on Wednesday and it was fast and painless. Went back on Thursday to collect the permit, that took about 45mins. You hand your Id over, then wait to be called. If your photo is not on the system then you need to take one. (Helpful hint, don’t move the chair when you sit to take the photo, the guy gets really upset because his camera is set at the perfect distance to the chair). Painless process all in, staff were friendly, I didn’t move the chair! Felt a bit bad for the staff, they were getting a bit of abuse for not allowing someone to fetch another persons permit, even after they explained that you need to fetch in person due to the photo and that you need to sign. 

rode ride, was nice to be back there. 

permit is also valid for 2years which is nice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't checked into this thread for a while. Everything still ok in Koeberg? 🤘

I still have to do my own.