Reopen Koeberg Nature Reserve

sierrrd

@sierrrd Amazing! Well done! 

Ok, so we have to apply for the annual permit between 14h00-16h00 on a weekday, but during what times is it open to ride? Sunrise to one hour before sunset like before; 14h00-16h00 on weekdays; or a new arrangement? 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you need a photo of yourself too for the permit ? like for the tokai activity card ?

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

do you need a photo of yourself too for the permit ? like for the tokai activity card ?

ID photo yes

3 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I expect after the mad rush things will calm down. I'll give it a go in a month or three.

I’m hoping they realise this system is nonsense and revert back to the old system

Application process goes pretty fast, if you have all your documentation with you and correct. It is getting into the actual building that is the biggest delay, but no getting around it.

When you pick up your permit later when it is ready, it also goes fast, that is once you in. They are pretty jacked up and knows what to do.

Note, you have to pick up in person as they then take photo of you to have it on the system. You cannot therefore pick up for someone else.

Once you have your permit access will be a breeze.

Received mine yesterday, and if it was not for the World Champs this weekend I would have been there.

My suspicion is however that it will be crazy busy this weekend.

Edited by Johan A Marais
Edit

5 minutes ago, Johan A Marais said:

Application process goes pretty fast, if you have all your documentation with you and correct. It is getting into the actual building that is the biggest delay, but no getting around it.

When you pick up your permit later when it is ready, it also goes fast, that is once you in. They are pretty jacked up and knows what to do.

Note, you have to pick up in person as they then take photo of you to have it on the system. You cannot therefore pick up for someone else.

Once you have your permit access will be a breeze.

Received mine yesterday, and if it was not for the World Champs this weekend I would have been there.

My suspicion is however that it will be crazy busy this weekend.

lol, so each individual of the family has to go at least twice, on work hours/week day, to finally be able to access the premisses later on during the weekend. Like I said, non sense. Not surprised the gate is completely packed. Must be really nice for the people working there.

I'm very excited with the idea to go ride there again with the kids, but it's just not possible for me to drive there so many times on week days, with my wife, possibly my kids, just to get a permit. At least Tokai you can do it on the day you want to ride and ride there right after you did the permit.

Edited by Jbr

Cool, so it's a mess. Was worried that could happen. 

I still have a news lead warm. They were going to pick the story up just before they opened. Hopefully, they can change the angle and we can push for opening up the permit system. 

This system also doesn't work for me - I live in the Deep South. Koeberg was always my escape from the in-laws in Melkbos 🤣

18 minutes ago, NickGM said:

That's what you say, but the reality here is that you never gave up, and never let us down....

Some may have missed the play. 🙂

54 minutes ago, sierrrd said:

Cool, so it's a mess. Was worried that could happen. 

I still have a news lead warm. They were going to pick the story up just before they opened. Hopefully, they can change the angle and we can push for opening up the permit system. 

This system also doesn't work for me - I live in the Deep South. Koeberg was always my escape from the in-laws in Melkbos 🤣

RESPECT for what you have achieved thus far !!!  

I was one of the nay sayers .... GLAD to have been proven wrong.

Sure, this system is not "practical".  But it is a START !!  Imagine the chaos if they "OPENED" it in one go ....  If the gate cant keep up with applications, under these silly steps .....

Let's trust the system will adjust as the rush subsides ....