Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

Hello, looking for cycling companions to do some prep for 10 March. Just arrived from London, UCT grad, based in Sea Point on holiday, aiming for five hour CTCT time. Looking to cycle in morning with those of similar age (67) and fitness (we regularly go out in geater London area). Any takers? 
Alistair

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2024 at 9:35 AM, Bub Marley said:

Just out of interest, what is your current PPA seeding? I currently have a 21 seeding so expecting to be in 1A based on current results. What would i need to get to to jump into one of the racing cats?

Well after the PPA race, my seeding has now jumped to 11 and Im in the & group for the Argus.

6 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Well after the PPA race, my seeding has now jumped to 11 and Im in the & group for the Argus.

Have you received confirmation of your group? I haven't seen anything since the new index.

23 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Have you received confirmation of your group? I haven't seen anything since the new index.

Last year some people got reseeding

letters after their first seeding letter. 
I suspect the same will happen this year to keep interest in the PPA road race calendar till ctct

Just now, DieselnDust said:

Last year some people got reseeding

letters after their first seeding letter. 
I suspect the same will happen this year to keep interest in the PPA road race calendar till ctct

Yes, but they've done it a bit differently this year. Those doing PPA didn't even get a first seeding group, they held them all back until after they've presumably done some calcs off the back of that race.

28 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

It says the start group on Racetec website.

Just now, Bub Marley said:

Yes, they have adjusted the seeding on racetec but not (yet) on the Cycle tour website. 

On a lighter note ....

I got seeded in 3A.  Few minutes earlier than 2023, happy chappie.

Starting more than an hour later with the charity groups.

Now my switch to the charity group was done, and confirmed, first week of December.

6 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Thanks, joining you in &. Unexpected (at least, it was before the dogshow that was PPA seeding), but I'll take it...

10 hours ago, dsw said:

Yes, they have adjusted the seeding on racetec but not (yet) on the Cycle tour website. 

Is the racetec seeding the same as the cycle tour seeding? I have yet to receive my official seeding email because I raced last weekend but on racetec I see a start group. 

30 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Is the racetec seeding the same as the cycle tour seeding? I have yet to receive my official seeding email because I raced last weekend but on racetec I see a start group. 

That's your seeding 

I didn’t have a seeding for Argus since I did the 99er and the PPA yesterday. I’ve received nothing other than the email I got last week saying that my seeding will come out after the 99er or PPA respectively.

But today I went onto the PPA Results page and I have a Start time Woohoo..

last yet 1H this year 1D with an increase in seeding index of 10points 🤨

gna query it at the expo.

8 hours ago, throttles said:

I didn’t have a seeding for Argus since I did the 99er and the PPA yesterday. I’ve received nothing other than the email I got last week saying that my seeding will come out after the 99er or PPA respectively.

But today I went onto the PPA Results page and I have a Start time Woohoo..

last yet 1H this year 1D with an increase in seeding index of 10points 🤨

gna query it at the expo.

If they don’t move you, see you in the start pen. Racetec also has me in 1D. Down from last years 1B with what I believe to be better results but o well, it’s still ok I guess. # would have been better but I think my days of racing tandems are gone until I start racing every weekend again.