Rockshox Dropper Post Service

My Rockshox dropper post has some sag in it which I picked up 2 weeks ago. 

Took it to Cyclelab to be told it is normal, which led to me giving the bike technician some lip as I know my bike and dropper and it had never had any sag. 

After that fiasco I was then told it must be sent to CT for a service. So is that the only place that can service my Rockshox dropper post as that would mean 7-10 days?

Unfortunately it needs to go the CPT yes for it to be serviced by the agents unless you opt for one of the suspension guy sup north ( where I'm assuming you are ? ) 

The reverb is an over engineered piece of garbage , that harsh but it is. 

If you service it within the intervals it'll give years of good performance , but only if you stick to the maintenance schedule. 

Sorry I don't have anything more constructive to say but I've rebuilt maybe around 20 myself and its a shite show 

Cartridge droppers are better in terms of reliability ( especially if you don't maintain them ) 

EG Lyne , One up , Bontrager , Transx 

There are some very good hydraulic posts that are slightly ( ever so ) more reliable than the reverb , like the fox transfer but I put it in the same class as the reverb.

Then there's the grand daddy ... Bikeyoke ( similar idea inside as the reverb , but super reliable and has the ability to be bled on the bike by the user ) its service intervals are also way longer.

My OneUp v2 just cost me R350 in parts to service myself after a year of not really caring for it that much. Didnt really need it, just thought id spoil it haha. I agree with @BaGearA. I also own a Bikeyoke revive from 2020. It has never been opened, still works flawlessly. That self bleed valve business is the best thing ever and it literally takes longer to take your multitool out to do it.
if I had to ship something somewhere to get it serviced i’d bin it😅

im also of the opinion that if you run something like the lyne ones you can almost run it in its moer for 2 years or more without servicing and just buy a new one. They are basically cheap enough.

So then should I just buy a Bikeyoke?

Can I use the Rockshox controls with the Bikeyoke or do they have their own specific controls? 

Shockingly good bicycle service center can service your REVERB. We specialize in suspension work

11 minutes ago, Bundu Ric said:

Can I use the Rockshox controls with the Bikeyoke or do they have their own specific controls? 

Bikeyoke just uses a cable remote to activate so nearly any dropper remote works with them.

No none of the working parts are interchangeable.

9 hours ago, Bundu Ric said:

It depends on what cable fittings the Bikeyoke needs compared to the RS. As an example: The Xfusion needs the cut end to be on the dropper fixed to it with a grub barrel. The Lyne is the other way around with the lug end on the dropper and the cut end on the remote. 
The Xfusion is a pain in the rear end to get the lengths correct because of the cut end being where it is. The lyne is almost fit and not have to worry about removing it multiple times to get the length correct - win for the Lyne here

Ok so this all seems way past my bike mechanic capability, will need to make a call on the way forward and then a shop to do this properly. 

2 minutes ago, 117 said:

It depends on what cable fittings the Bikeyoke needs compared to the RS. As an example: The Xfusion needs the cut end to be on the dropper fixed to it with a grub barrel. The Lyne is the other way around with the lug end on the dropper and the cut end on the remote. 
The Xfusion is a pain in the rear end to get the lengths correct because of the cut end being where it is. The lyne is almost fit and not have to worry about removing it multiple times to get the length correct - win for the Lyne here

Bike yoke is liek the lyne in this aspect 

It also has a graphic at the bottom of the post that you use to get an idea of the exposed cable required.

Revive-B4.png

27 minutes ago, Bundu Ric said:

Ok so this all seems way past my bike mechanic capability, will need to make a call on the way forward and then a shop to do this properly. 

Its actually very simple to be honest. If you can change a tyre you can install a dropper. Look for one that you can service yourself without being tied to an agent. Lyne and One Up, Bikeyoke get the vote here

Ok maybe I should give it a go and then when I stuff it up take it to a pro :)

The good old male way. 

Most brands have a youtoobe channel to show you how to install etc. Pretty simple in this modern era 

47 minutes ago, Bundu Ric said:

Ok maybe I should give it a go and then when I stuff it up take it to a pro :)

The good old male way. 

The tools and consumables you'll need to do it will cost more than the service the first time round, beyond that it'll pay itself back. You'll need a clean work area and a bench vise to start.

Service manual here.

DM me if you need spares, tools etc, otherwise if you let me know where you are I can point you to someone who can do it for you. We can do nationwide turnaround within a week, but it's obviously easier if there's someone local.

And yes, your techie is half right - that is normal for a Reverb. When it needs service.

Thanks, then maybe I should do a service, see where it goes and then make a call on a new one later.